Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are some pics of my Yamaha Raptor 700. It is currently House Of Kolor Kandy tangerine but ill be changing the paint scheme up on it this year. I do all the work with my friend as a side hobby. enjoy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. I really like the set up i have. I forgot to show a close up of the back fender. I decided to go with a water drop affect on them.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Cool, wish I had the skills and space for painting parts. The water drop effect looks excellent :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
I really like that Raptor man. The paint job is awesome, and the water drop effect is sweet. How do you get it to come out like that?

Of course I'm thinking that if I ever had a raptor there's no way I'd paint it up nice cause there's a 110% chance that I'd flip it at least a few times. Never did have much luck keeping all 4 down on a quad.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Of course I'm thinking that if I ever had a raptor there's no way I'd paint it up nice cause there's a 110% chance that I'd flip it at least a few times. Never did have much luck keeping all 4 down on a quad.
Well you should just take those experiences as evidence that you're meant for two-wheeled hotness like sportbikes :cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha.. ive got too much money in that thing to be flipping it. Ive got about 11-12k in it from internal mods to external mods.. I really like to drag race but i ride trails also. I do 2nd or 3rd gear starts and before i installed that +2 swingarm last weekend i couldnt keep it down myself.

water drop affect actually uses water drops. Paint one side of them and let it evaporate.

·
Registered
452 Posts
7hundred, how does the water drop paint process work? Mainly asking, do you keep the drops on untill they evaporate away, or just wipe the drops off asap?

real nice raptor, I like how the w-drops have depth and shadow to em':thumbs2:
it's too pretty to thrash now :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea they evaporate from the plastic.. you spray the base then at a low angle with low presure spray the other color to catch one side of the water.. then let evaporate. Our first project with that was a toilet lid.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we just finished this up the other day.. this is my partners plastics for his 700.. we have some plastics in now that we done with the cadillac excalade pearl white with white flames w/ blue highlights... ill get some pics up soon. the owner wanted the "herbie" theme.. i dont know why but he changed his mind at the last minute to this.. im glad.. i dont know about the herbie think..lmao dont think it would be too cool. but whatever the customer wants.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Those are A W E S O M E !! you have got excellent skill, and the ability to keep doing that must be some kind of gift !! they look great !

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those are A W E S O M E !! you have got excellent skill, and the ability to keep doing that must be some kind of gift !! they look great !
thanks.. if any of you guys need some work done just let me know. we have done stuff form cali to canada and up the east coat in Mass. etc. just go to the webpage www.bandndesigns.com and hit me up. let me know what site you came from or saw the posts.. We will give you a good price. We dont do this full time so were not out here trying to pay bills with the paint thing. I would like to do that later on down the road though.. thanks guys nick

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow, that's some pretty awesome work there. I've been looking around trying to find a place that could paint a Polish theme onto my helmet, and from the looks of it, you'd probably be able to do it. Once I get some money saved up and all of my other basic gear, I may be getting a hold of you to discuss it further.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sure thing man.. just let me know. always down for a new challenge. We just done a RC boat for a guy in Canada. That beast is like 4 or 5 ft long. We should have it finished this week and have pics up of it too.. just got something in from California also that we will start on asap.. ill be sure to post pics for some of you guys that like the custom stuff..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts