Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing really bad happened. It was just one of those days. I got up at 5:00 to go for a run, showered, putzed around the house, and went for a two hour ride. Well, it was a little chilly and I was a tad underdressed. I was tired from getting up early. My whole body felt sore from the get go, from my neck on down. Then there was road construction everywhere, :mad: traffic was a nightmare on all the good roads. And I just couldn't seem to concentrate as well as I normally do. :( So I cut it short, came home, and babysat my two year old while outside the sun came out and it warmed up. On the flip side, at least I didn't have to work! :) Thanks for listening to my rant about something as insignificant as a motorcycle ride. Sorry for offending anyone with more pressing issues.

------------------
I wouldn't be so paranoid if you all weren't out to get me.

[This message has been edited by scotty (edited August 13, 2000).]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey man, I hear ya. Woke up this morning around 7:30. Got dressed to go riding with friends, met up with them, everything going great, then i have to pass a car on a double yellow line, usually no big deal but an unmarked car behind me, busted! My day was crap to. I'm sure you didn't offend anyone.

------------------
Jacob
"Kornkid"
Better to be a racer for a moment than a spectator for a lifetime.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry to hear about your day Scotty. I believe that sometimes someone is trying to tell us something when we have days like that. Perhaps staying home today kept you out of trouble in some way.

Hang in there, better riding days are coming!

------------------
John E. Dawson
http://home.interpath.net/banker/ninjapage.htm

·
Registered
367 Posts
Scotty,

Dude, you have got to move to a warmer climate :cool:
It's 103 here and no rain. Winter starts and ends in February. Well not really, but close :rolleyes:

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
39 speeding tickets and now I have a V1.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Korn Kid and Colin, Ya'll should know better than that! Volusia County has the WORST cops, and they are not forgiving. Check your mirrors better next time, You'll thank me for it!

------------------
95% of Harley Davidsons are still on the road today,
5% actually made it home!

Bryon Hart
Ocala, Fl
95 ZX-7

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sorry about your day, but I can understand. Got up a bit early myself and was out of the house at around 7:30 to try to get some riding in before I had to deal with the rest of the day. It was pretty cold, even in my cordura jacket (left the liner out; it is August!). Finally it was just beginning to get too misty out, so I turned around and went home.

Did spend the rest of the day with the kids, which is a plus. And polished the bike a bit, which doesn't hurt either... ;)

------------------
Richard M. Poniarski
'00 Kawasaki ZR-7
AMA #674623
NY S666C
Moderator, ZR-Riders Mailing List

·
Registered
549 Posts
I can relate to crappy days like that. I usually figure when it happens, it's a sign to go home. The one and only time I didn't pay attention to a "sign" or "funny feeling" like that, I had a little get-off, so when in doubt, I go home now. But yesterday, it was nice outside here and I was working. :(

------------------
Stacia
Co-Admin
'00 CBR F4 (the faster, silver/red model)
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

·
Registered
987 Posts
Scotty, I gotta go with Todd on this one. I can understand why you'd hate to feel like a riding day was wasted, when you get so few! I grew up in Milwaukee where there are three seasons - July, August, & winter, and I really enjoy it down here in the South much better.
PS Suicycler, I've noticed that too. It seems that around the start of the millenium (I know, I know) people were collectively much happier; by comparison, it almost seems that most people are carrying a heavy weight these days. Go figure.

------------------

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well here my story. I was bored stupid. so at midnight i descide to go riding. It was an ok ride considering i was alone. At about 1am i was desciding to do another circut of the highway or just get off and go home. Nothing better to do so i stayed on and rode more. I was pretty sleepy. So at 1:30am when i returned to same fork in highway. (this time i was getting off to go home) I didn't notice the F**king craters in the middle lane. WHAP. tank slapper at about 130km/h. Dats around 70mph. ahhhhhh $700 to replace the front rim of my 95cbrF3.

------------------
Keep Your feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to everyone for their commiseration. :) It's nice to know you're loved! Anyway, TheToy - sorry to hear about your ride. Much worse than mine.

Todd, Leon...you guys are dead-on about feeling the pressure to ride when you can. Around here (the other Seattlites can attest) the summers are normally beautiful but super short. This is my third, and it hasn't gotten above 85 yet! Next year hopefully I'll be getting out of the canoe club (Navy) and heading for somewhere in Colorado, along the front range. Then I can complain about the heat. :rolleyes:

------------------
I wouldn't be so paranoid if you all weren't out to get me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts