Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In less than two weeks she will be ready for me to ride her home.I finished polishing the frame and dropped it off at the dealer . They will start assembly in a day or two.state farm renewed me but 14 $/mo. more was the rate increase.I will get a replacement vin # but the title stays the same!So much crap has gone wrong these past few mo. but it all is turning around for the good nowand I will be riding again soon !!YYYEEESSSSS!!!!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
since May 16th ,I rode it once and that was to the shop to get repair work done.Plus I live in Fla. and still have alot of riding season left.It will be like the first day I got it and am planning a ride on the weekend with a buddy and his 600 suzuki. CAN'T WAIT!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey ferracci69... about 3 hours from Jville. 3hours driving a car.On a sportbike... well you know it is gonna be alot less time.yes I might be able to run up that way or maybe meet in Ocala...that is halfway I think.. anyway send me a PM and we'll figure it all out . Scott (blackkaw)

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Let us know what the bike is like once you get it. After all it has been quite some time since it was damaged & things seemed to go up & down with you & the insurance people.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Would you let me know if you felt the repairs brought the bike back into the kind of condition that you can't tell it was wrecked?

I've fixed 2 bikes after a crash & one felt as straight as it used to after the crash as it did before. You couldn't tell the difference except the rear fender had a slight strange twist to it (looped it in 4th gear).

The other always felt a little bit crooked afterwards. Not so much I couldn't ride it but enough to always remind me it had been smacked hard in the rear by a drunk in a HUGE Lincoln sedan.:mad:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes I will let you know.things surely have been up and down ..but the mechanic is an ace and I have full confidence (so does he ) that he can make her "factory new" again.Looking forward to getting this whole thing over and done with!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts