Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well if not the computer virus I caught was enough, I got rear ended by some 15yr girl with no license in front of the Chick-filet.
I was slowing down in a 15 mph zone to let someone turn who had already started to turn left in frt of me, and bam. Next thing I know I get launched 20 feet. I got a serious case of whiplash and my back is hurting even more now. It broke my can clamp, bent my headers out and scratched up my right side. She didn't get a ticket or taken to jail because she was on private property????????????????????? But the dickhead cop was nice enough to give me a ticket for not having proof of insurance while I was laid up at the hospital. Sucks for him the officer has to put his name on the ticket. Oh did I mention she didn't get a ticket for rearending me or having a license? My lawyer said we might have a hard time getting their insurance to pay because she took the car without concent, basicly stole it. Insurance only covers authorized drivers? :finger: Oh and meperghan's are pretty cool :D

·
Registered
987 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident, glad you're alright. Guess I'll be seeing you on the People's court! Private property is the worst place to have an accident, because the rules of the road don't necessarily apply. If she took the car without consent, then her parents are liable. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Nah, Judge Judy is more vicious. :) Go with her. As for the accident sorry to hear it. I hope you're ok. The bike can be repaired or replaced. I know she's your baby, but the good news is you're still alive. Could have been a hell of a lot worse with an inexperienced driver behind the wheel of a cage. :) Has your lawyer tried to go after the parents?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hot_rocket78 said:
Nah, Judge Judy is more vicious. :) Go with her. As for the accident sorry to hear it. I hope you're ok. The bike can be repaired or replaced. I know she's your baby, but the good news is you're still alive. Could have been a hell of a lot worse with an inexperienced driver behind the wheel of a cage. :) Has your lawyer tried to go after the parents?

Going after state farm first, then the parents if they refuse. Everything starts tomorrow,I'll let yall know what my lawyer says. It's about 2000 or so of bike damage, plus med bills, and definitely pain and suffering. My neck and back are killing me.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
shannon said:

Going after state farm first, then the parents if they refuse. Everything starts tomorrow,I'll let yall know what my lawyer says. It's about 2000 or so of bike damage, plus med bills, and definitely pain and suffering. My neck and back are killing me.
After the pain has subsided and the muscles have healed, you should schedule a few massage appointments. It will help the muscles relax so they don't f*** up your back. Keep us posted on the legal side and take care of yourself.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Find out where the cop lives and set up a video camera to catch him when that little 15yo goes over to...

I have never seen a bigger case of BS. You get ticketed and she walks?:confused: What is with that?

Glad you weren't too hurt though. I hope you heal up both quickly and without any lasting effects. I also hope that there is a light at the end of your legal tunnel. Keep us informed.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
BOGUS

Dang Shannon, that's f^%$ up dude, I hope ya get better real quick. As for that cop..maybe he knows the girl, or maybe he...anyway, I hope ya sue the ever lov'n crap outta them, it's always some moron, that don't have either a lic. or insuance, been there done that..so I know EXACTLY how ya feel...

Get well..:)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Glad you are okay Shannon. That kid should not be allowed to get a license. I got caught when I was a kid driving without a license (speeding not almost killing a motorcyclist) and got put in a cell until my mom came to bail me out. I don't understand how she could hit you and not even get a ticket.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jjcm said:
Glad you are okay Shannon. That kid should not be allowed to get a license. I got caught when I was a kid driving without a license (speeding not almost killing a motorcyclist) and got put in a cell until my mom came to bail me out. I don't understand how she could hit you and not even get a ticket.

That's what I said while the fucing cop gave me a ticket for no proof of insurance. " uh, sir, there's nothing we can do, she was in private property." I wish I had a scanner to post the accidebt report up here on. Under license hers says NONE. In MS also, no one is ever given an accident ticket unless the cop witnesses it. All they do is take down a report and write in witnesses if any. In my case I had one,(hahaha), they lady I was nice enough to let turn in frt of me. She the little girl is smoked when the lawsuit gets rolling, or state farm anyway.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone know round bouts what the stock headers and can would cost to be replaced. OEM stuff. Im sure the insurance will give me a check for the damaged parts and I'll just put aftermarket stuff in.

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
shannon said:
Does anyone know round bouts what the stock headers and can would cost to be replaced. OEM stuff. Im sure the insurance will give me a check for the damaged parts and I'll just put aftermarket stuff in.
#1 Glad you are ok.

#2 Go to your dealer and get an estimate for the stock parts (and labor to fix em) The higher the estimate the better.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Robert said:

#1 Glad you are ok.

#2 Go to your dealer and get an estimate for the stock parts (and labor to fix em) The higher the estimate the better.

Thanks for all the concern, yall are all pretty cool. And yea that estimate needs to be real high since my lawyer will be getting 1/3 of what I get. :eek:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Robert said:

#1 Glad you are ok.

And more than likely the stock stuff costs more than aftermarket anyways! :confused:

Damn cagers!:finger:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Good to know your doing ok. I had an injurty from an accident before.. although not as serious as your and i was in a car not on a bike. But i can say from experience.... BURN EM FOR ALL THEIR WORTH! Its just not worth it to settle, especially when you suffered injuries and pain. Believe me when most of your pain and injuries go away, something will come back. It will be different but it will be related. All i got was whiplash and after treatments i felt ok for a while. Sure enough 6 months later ive got problems with stiffness, constant urge to crack different bones, uncomfortable all the time. No matter wat you get for treatment, your never 100% again. I stress everything i've said so far so keep that in mind. And all i had was whiplash. I didnt feel the effects until 2 hours later. When tilting my headback, at a certain angle the muscles gave out and my head dropped back.

Oh and i highly recommend the massage therapy. :D You can probably see a chiropractor on top of a doctor if you want to add to medical bills. Not suggesting that you raise bills for no reason. Im recommending it if you havent already done so. He'll be better able to evaluate the condition of your neck and back.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you have a smooth recovery. And don't hold back get all you can out of those fockers. That kid needs her a$$ whipped. If I had did that when I was 15 my momma would have killed me.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Hey Shannon,
Sorry to hear about your bike, glad you are
reasonably O.K.
Really suxxx that she was able to walk away with
nothing done to her, but in Texas, it is not against the law to drive on private property with
no license.
Do you not have insurance, or did you just not have your card with you..??
Keep us informed.....hope it all works out!!!

Cam

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
So, you can get a ticket for not having insurance on private property, but she can't get a ticket for stealing a car and driving on private property? That sounds like a double standard...

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
elodello said:
So, you can get a ticket for not having insurance on private property, but she can't get a ticket for stealing a car and driving on private property? That sounds like a double standard...

Thats a good fucing question, Im going to look into that.

·
Registered
380 Posts
elodello said:
Did she get a ticket for no insurance??? If you did, she must have!!!

P

1 - 20 of 75 Posts