Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found this item that is supposed to be a passenger seat cover for the 748/916/998. It replaces the passenger seat to give the Biposto a Monoposto look.

Does anyone have a picture of how this would look on a bike?

Thanks...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just picked one of these up for my 996 Biposto, but I don't have any pictures. In my opinion, it does look cleaner than the seatpad, especially since I removed the passenger pegs as well.

The overall quality is good, but the color match is not exact to the Ducati yellow. It's very close, but seems to be a slightly lighter shade.

The only other option would be to pick up a monoposto tail, which I've seen on ebay with some frequency.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ted900 said:
I just picked one of these up for my 996 Biposto, but I don't have any pictures. In my opinion, it does look cleaner than the seatpad, especially since I removed the passenger pegs as well.
I also just bought one off Ebay and plan to remove the rear footpegs as well.

The overall quality is good, but the color match is not exact to the Ducati yellow. It's very close, but seems to be a slightly lighter shade.
The paint on my Duc is probably a little faded from the original yellow so it might match right up... ;)

The only other option would be to pick up a monoposto tail, which I've seen on ebay with some frequency.
I've looked into that option but they typically go for over $200 and then you still have to mess with painting it. The unit I bought was only $90 plus $9 shipping so it was worth it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I though it would be easier to find a seat cowl, because they are readily available for the Japanese bikes. But this cowl was the only one I could find that was made for the Ducati.

One thing to watch is that you will need 2 new bolts, which were not provided with the seat cowl. That it because the bolt holes on the cowl for the tail light bracket are bigger than the bolts that hold the bracket to the passenger seat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
are you guys getting the seat covers off ebay or a website? ive been wanting one for my 749, but cant find anyone in america that carries them. only in europe have a i found them. any suggestions?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ted900 said:
One thing to watch is that you will need 2 new bolts, which were not provided with the seat cowl. That it because the bolt holes on the cowl for the tail light bracket are bigger than the bolts that hold the bracket to the passenger seat.
That's one of the things that I realised when I received it. I haven't gone down to the hardware store to pick up the bolts yet.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bluelt1ss said:
are you guys getting the seat covers off ebay or a website? ive been wanting one for my 749, but cant find anyone in america that carries them. only in europe have a i found them. any suggestions?
I bought mine on Ebay but I don't think they are available for the 749/999s yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts