Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 06 SVS brand new off the showroom floor. It had the factory lowers installed and I loved. I really like the look of the fully faired bike, but didnt quite like the stock fairings, so I bought the KG Cycles one piece fairings. I took the bike to my Dad to have him install and paint the fairings. After a couple months of working on the when he had time, he got sick and couldn't finish. Then, one of my buddies told me he would finish it for me. He painted the fairings and they didn't look so great, so I decided to repaint them myself. I sanded them for about 2 hours and started looking around online again. I decided that instead of repainting the fairings I was going to convert my SVS to Naked. I started ordering some parts and then decided to start a thread to show my progress.

Here is a pic of the bike when I first brought it home:

Here is what it looked like after all the small mods that I did before getting rid of the stock fairings:

Here is the start of my naked project:

Here it is all put together with a lot of work left to do:

Chopped the stock exhaust, painted the rearsets, removed the passenger pegs, painted the forks, and raised the tail section 4":

Installed a tank pad and tank grips:

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
It looks cool. I've always liked the look of white bikes and that one's going to really stand out! The raised tail is really sweet, I think. Haven't seen that too often.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks cool. I've always liked the look of white bikes and that one's going to really stand out! The raised tail is really sweet, I think. Haven't seen that too often.

Thanks a lot for the compliment, that is a $25 paint job, lol. Lots and LOTS of prep work and some spray paint. What is it that you might not like about the raised tail?

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Nothing. I do like it. The "I think" was just an IMO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I decided that I wanted to make my sv a bobber for a while so this is what I have so far:

Then I decided to put some bars on it and remove the clipons:

I am in the process of working with a guy to help me cut and reweld my subframe so there is not such a huge gap between the upper and lower bars of the subframe.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
I think I like the lack of rear, especially in the black/white theme. But I prefer the clip-ons to the bars, personally. Very cool work :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts