Sportbike World banner

my 04 gixxer stolen,no insurance

5K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  spicerke 
#1 ·
i came home at 230- in the morning last sunday night, i wake up at 5 am because another cars alarm goes off and just soince i woke up i decided to go and look outside, i did and my bike was gone, it was a brand new 2004 gsxr 600, yellow and black, i did;t have insurance becasue i could;t afford it, the bike was financed for 48 months, 230 dollars a month which im gonna have to continue to make, im still in shock actually, it hasen;t really hit me the fact that my bike is gone and im not gonna be able to get another one, i just know that night i lost my bike i actually even contiplated suicide, even though i of course changed my mind but i haven;t had hurt like this since my father died

last week, my friends 750 almost got stolen here in my complex, it was, and i kid you not, 330 in the afternoon and 2 guys in a windstar minivan pulled up to the bike and carried it on to the minivan and drove off, but a lady in a car saw them do it and followed them, she followed them into this apt complex 3 blocks away from my complex, they dumped the bike their and went to the supermartket, this lady followed them to the supermarket then drove back here to let the owner know what had happened, by then the police were already their and she let them know where the bike was in a apt complex up the street, they recovered the bike their, a week later my bike is stolen, and 2 days after it got stolen i decided to drive by the apt complex where my friends bike got dumped at, and what do i see? a brand new 2004 gsxr 500 yellow and black, but with a aftermarket muffler, and undertail kit, i got out the car and tried to put the key in the ignition but it did;t turn, i wrote down the tag number of the bike and called the police and asked them to run the tag and they said the tag came back empty or blank, i asked them what does that mean and they said that most likely the vehicle the tag is on is either stolen or another bike, so i told them to go over their, i could;t go cuz i was at work, i called back an hour later and they said the police officer had just arrived, then i called back another half hour later and asked them what happened and they said well the call was cleared so i guess the officer did;t confirm that to be your bike so now i don;t know what to do or to assume, its just oo much of a coincidence that that bike is their in the same place where the other stolen bike was dumped, and that the tags came back blank, also what are the chances of a guy having the same bike i have which first of all is a 600 (nobody really gets 600 around here, too small) and that same color and year, this bike only came out a few months ago, the coincidence is just too great

See less See more
#7 ·
In B.C., Cdn one is only required to obtain liability insurance. Still with m/cs being stolen I also have my truck & present two bikes with the addition of Fire & Theift insurance.

Also my bikes are in my own garage & it is locked darn tight with some tricks as to how to get in & raise the front door.

Hope something on the right side comes out on your lost bike.

#8 ·
I'd say check the VIN as mentioned above.

As far as the payment of the bike, I doubt you'll have the option to just continue to make payments. The collateral for the loan is gone, they are going to want payment in full right away.

Hope things work out for you, I know exactly how you feel. :(

#9 ·
I feel for you dwag; but let me give you a piece of advice if you are constantly going up to this bike an placing your key in it the owner might not take to kindly to that.. I would hate to see you loose your life over a bike that may not be yours >> hey if you gangsta like dat den do you !!

But please make sure you bring some protection the next time you go mess wid the person's bike..

I am not trying to be mean but straight up if I see someone sticking a key into my bike while it's parked outside I am thinking he is trying to jack me and there isn't gonna be too much explaining you are a gonna be able to do dawg.

:2cents:
I hope you find your bike <> but don't loose your head in the process .... I feel for you Homie!!

#11 ·
Tony, I think it's time to get out your "little friend" and make someone say hello to it.

#12 ·
I'm really sorry to hear this. Thieves suck! :mad:

Unfortunately, like spicersh said, your finance company more than likely will not allow you to continue making payments, they are going to want their money in full now that there is no collateral against the loan.

I hope something works out for you.

#13 ·
wow i had no idea they could do that.sorry to hear about your bike man.check the vin.if its a match.take that bitch back and make sure he knows damn well its not worth it to mess with your ride again.if its not....................sorry to hear about your loss.but that bank thing about them asking for it in full.didnt even kno they could do that.glad im takin out a personal laon and buying used.good luck

#14 ·
How are they gonna know unless he tells them, he doesnt have ins. so they wont report that he dropped coverage. Just keep making the payments. I know theirs gotta be a cop on this sight who could give you some insight. If not go to stuntlife.com. Theirs a cop on their who posts alot, and may be able to give you some insight on your options.

#15 ·
If he's contacted the police, then there is a report out there with the VIN on it. I'm sure the lien holder checks things like that or the police will inform them. Finance companies may be crooks, but they aren't stupid ones. I don't see any way that they won't find out about it, at least eventually. You may be able to slide by for a month or two, but I doubt it. :2cents:

#16 ·
marvlover - im not gangsta but im from bronx nyc, i don;t give a da,mn what the owner says if he would have seen me stick a ket in his bike. i was so pissed off i woul dhave told him exactly what i was doing and if me and him have to kill ourselves right then and their then so be it

i went by that complex and i asked some kid who was coming out of a garage storage thats in the complex if he knew the guys who rode the gixxer that i suspected to be stolen and he said stuterring that he did;t and i asked him how long has he seen those bikes their and he said aboaut 2 weeks, but he was very suspiscious acting and on top of that their was a bike in poieces inside the garage he was in, well guess what, today i drove by their again and in that very same garage i see about 3 kids in their with about 4 bikes in their and a shit load of parts laying around, one of those bikes was the yellow gixxer i suspect of being mine and next to it a white 04 gixxer, yes WHITE 04 gixxer, i thought he said he did;t know the guys who rode the ytellow gixxer i thought was mine??? thats my f**king bike man i know it and im gonna try the police one more time to investigate it and if nothing comes up i swear im taking it bak

#18 ·
here is an update, still no word on my bike, and im not expecting one either, that bike is probably in miami now with some frekin dooshbag going 120 in the highway going weeeeehaawww! while im making payments for him to enjoy MY bike

anyway i got a offer on a 2003 gixxer 600, they are selling it for 5000 but im trying to talk them down to 4000 being as it needs a new chain, new rear tires, and a new gear shift lever, the owner of it was a girl she dropped it and the fram slider saved the bike from any damage though and after the fall she decided to get rid of it, its been sitting in a agrage for 3 months now too so it also needs a new battaery since the one on it keeps no charge, and on top of that its a disgusting color, yellow and purple, it saus allstar on the side of the tank too, that i don;t like and i especially hate the purple stripes, but its the only bike i can afford, i could;t a new one, but it pisses me off so much i have to go from a brand new gixxer with the flawless, BEUTIDFUL front headlights and the rear cowl with led tailights which i loved its aggrsseive looks, to a older round headlight and shitty tailights gixxer all becasue some freakin prick stole my other one, oh well i guess i just have to suck it off

by the way does anybody know if the fairings off a 04 gixxer 600 will fit the 03 gixxer 600?

#20 ·
I can't believe the lien holder is still letting you make payments on a loan they no longer have any collateral for. :huh:

#21 ·
Not every bank checks for full coverage on vehicles they have loans out for. Case in point, I have a loan and dropped my insurance, and have been making payments for a year now. Granted its an old bike and I don't owe much on it, but I have never received a call from them asking for insurance proof.

#22 ·
Man, your cops must be:

1. Jerks

2. Busy

3. Both

In my town if I said that story about the bike same model/color/engine and show them my info and VIN. Something would have been investigated better. Someone dropped the ball. You should be calling everyday till you here something definitive.

#23 ·
STOLEN!

Man, you have way more self control than i do. I would know by now,(without a doubt) if it was my bike or not. Just get a couple buddies together and go over to the garage when they are there and check vin #'s. If an altercation develops, cool then call the cops and have them check shit out right then and there. HIT someone, do somthing, there is no way i could just take it in the ass like that. If it turns out it is not your bike, then i'm sure the other guy will understand your being so direct, (he would do the same prob.).

As for the finance company, if he went through suzuki financing, they did not finance the bike, they basicly gave him a personal credit line, so they don't care if you have the bike or not. if it is a bank and they want the money in full, HAHA, tell them there is no way, either take payments or shove it! I bet they will take the payments!

Dude i hope you get your bike back, if you need me, give me a call i'll come straighten some shit out, i'm up front like that,(oh and i will have my 9mm with me :) ) keep us posted.

#24 ·
Re: STOLEN!

izzybo69 said:
As for the finance company, if he went through suzuki financing, they did not finance the bike, they basicly gave him a personal credit line, so they don't care if you have the bike or not. if it is a bank and they want the money in full, HAHA, tell them there is no way, either take payments or shove it! I bet they will take the payments!
While this sounds good and tough, the bank would simply send it off to a collection agency and proceed to ruin your credit, making it all but impossible for you to buy a car, bike, house, etc. unless you just like saving up lots of cash.

#25 ·
We got screwed by HFC when the XX was totaled - guess that's what we get for being good citizens and keeping insurance on the bike, as required by our loan contract and state law.

The bike got totaled, State Farm contacted HFC and HFC sent us a nasty-gram wanting the remainder of the loan amount after State Farm paid out what they felt the bike was worth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.