• to quiet

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iwas wanting to try a muzzy exhaust on zx7r so why don't you guys tell me what you think. icurrently have a vance&hines ssr2. :(

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have one on my zx6r, sounds good, nice and mellow down low but once you hit power it screams pretty well..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no i like the v&h pipe, sounds great and it looks good to; but since the muzzy's are supposedly designed for kaws i thought i would give them a try.:drool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That should be good i like the way Indy cars sounds. I just don't want that empty can rattling sound. Oh yeah the money thing, I dont really have that much in the bike.A friend and I done some trading. THe pipe was already on there.

·
Registered
434 Posts
i have a friend with a zx9r who has a muzzy, he loves it and it sounds verrry good. its real throaty and pretty loud in the upper revs.

i have a zx6r and i am running a d&d, my pipe is louder, but his is more lower pithed and sounds a little meaner, but when they are opened up, the d&d is alot louder!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A lot of people arond here have d&d's on there bikes. there all loud . i wonder if the carbon mufflersounds different from the stainless or titanium?:confused:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I have a full titanium system on my '96 ZX9R. Have had it since 1996. While I was hypnotized by its sound the first five years I had it (especially at and above 7000 rpm), I have grown very tired of how loud it is. Tried repacking, did not reduce the sound very much. Turns out they no longer make this muffler, I suspect because it is so loud.

So maybe I am biased. I like Muzzy quality, totally. The welds are exquisite (o.k., I am a welder too, so maybe its just me). But this model is old anyway, so if I say it is too loud it does not speak for the newer products.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Muzzy's are great.. especially for the price..

but if you got the cash check out akrapovic...

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I have heard the Akrapovic on an R1 and it is quieter than my Muzzy system.

·
Registered
72 Posts
kawboyzx7rr said:
Muzzy's are great.. especially for the price..

but if you got the cash check out akrapovic...

Akrapovic owns :thumb: , I have a full hindle system on my 96 ZX7R paid $560 for it worth every penny I used to have a full V&H system with the carbon muffler and I think the Hindle sounds a lot better also feels like its got a little more power since it is a 4-2-1 instead of the V&H 4-1.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Two questions:

1) is Hindle loud?

2) what place has the best price for a full system?

I still want to replace my Muzzy system on my ZX9 with a quieter system. Looking at Akrapovic, and just kinda browsed for Hindle (I see they use the 4-2-1, but not sure if they are going to be real loud or not).

·
Registered
109 Posts
Fuster,

I have a Hindle slip-on on my 01 ZX9. I really like it. The sound is nice and deep. Even with the "race baffel" it very liveable.

Give this guy a try Hammythecanman.com. I'm a crazed bargain hunter and I liiked for months for the lowest price on a pipe. This guy beat everyone

He carries all the major lines including Hindle. Jyst a tip. Go for the oval system. It looks much better than the round can.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Snickerz, thank you very much! I just went to the website. It did not have a link on the site for Hindle, so I sent Hammy an e-mail inquiring about a system for my bike.:cool:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts