Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Police, Here to help?

I was just looking at Officer.com, and we all need to check that shit out. Everyone should be very affraid of the police. These guys are out to kill us (no shit) because of our hobby. All these porkers (traffic cops, not real cops) can talk about is how great it is when sport bikers run and crash and die. One officer talks about how he likes to stay just close enough to watch the guy wreck and die. Great, remember these are the assholes that we pay to protect us. How many times have you been riding the canyons and seen some ass hat in a lifted truck pulling a boat pulled over for going over the line in a turn?----NEVER In the same breath, how many times are you out riding the canyons and you see a guy on a sport bike pulled over? Every flippin time, and for what? Out having some fun on a non-populated road, with other bikers, and there isn't even a guard rail to fix if we beef it over the side. See, that shit doesn't cost the taxpayers squat! Leave us alone you under-educated, fat, Harley riding, racist, profilin, loosers who had no friends in high school and got stuffed in a locker every day so now you have to mess with us, piggies.

PS, this is in no way a reflection on the men and women who protect and serve the community every day by taking real criminals off the streets and actually making a difference.

STOP THE HIDDEN TAX:2cents:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
LOL I was waiting for that one Josh.

But umm... Oh yeah, keep the personal crap down...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man, Sindic, I didn't get to read what you had to say. I hate the fact that stuff just gets tossed here. Even if there was an attack on my character I would love to see it. I posted this to see what you guys thought of that officer.com site. I know some cops belong to this forum and would love to see their response.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Why do I get the feeling this thread will be short lived....:huh:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The reason for the must read is: Either we are doing something wrong or they are! Are the collective actions of the Sport Biking world slowly wrecking the sport for all of the non-runners and for all the folks who ride at reasonable speeds. If you took a look at officer.com you would see that there is a problem that should be addressed. I mean, many of the officers have an extreme dislike for sport bikers. I know for a fact that there are countless nubers of LEO that ride sportbikes, and they look at the small town anti-biker mentality in the same way, they don't tolerate it. From my own personal experience, when I am pulled over ( I regularly speed ), the officer is usually surprised that I stopped. I always procede with the "you got to pay to play" speach wich they seem to find amazingly honest. Most of my tickets are knocked down in speed or thrown out. The last ticket I earned was in the canyons and I was doing 60 in a 25, a modest speed for the road. I stopped and had a long conversation with the sherrif. We were kind of picking each others brains about what exactly the problem is. His stand was that we are all F-n crazy to ride roads like the one I was on at speeds. He also rode, a Harley of course. I simply told him that there are only a few places out here where you can open up and have some fun in the twisties. He asked how come we don't go to the track. I told him that most of the guys running are younger, can't afford the tickets and insurance hikes, and can't afford all the gear and track fees that are associated with track days. Some are just intimidated by the track due to lack of skill, so they come out and play in the back canyons. Now maybe my former statement about not costing the taxpayers money is BS, cause they are gonna have to do traffic studies and crash analysis and all kinds of fun stuff if there were to be a crash. Anyway, the way we left it was that the sport bikers will not go away, they will not stay on the track, so the cops will continue to be hard asses and toughen up more and more as we screw up and run etc etc. Now, if anyone has anything intelligent to say let's hear it.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
1%:
After 30 minutes of browsing, I still havent found anything about sportbikes. But it wont suprise me in the least if there are a few rants on there.
Think about why 90% of people watch races.. For the wrecks. Why should cops be any exception?

And why are you so ticked off about getting in trouble for crossing the yellow line. Sure, I've done it myself countless times. But I would expect to get in trouble for it. A truck towing a boat is a different story, because its so much harder, and often time impossible for them not to. Show me a corner that you cant take on a bike without crossing the line.. there aint one.

Now your whole spill about trackdays is totla BS. "Cant afford the expance"? most tracks charge around $100 a day. Thats not a whole lot of money, and its much cheaper than a ticket. "Feel intimidated"? Have you ever been to a track day? The area is lined with people who are ready to help you out with absolutely anything.
"Cant afford to get gear"? thats the worst one yet. If you cant afford the safety gear, you cant afford to ride. Period. End of story.

Now relax, no one is outlawing bikes.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeh, it was kinda tough to find the posts. I heard about it from another SBW member. I just searched "sport bikes" and weeded through a couple of posts in the "LEO only" section. I love trackdays, and definately find them to be fairly reasonable. I am just stating what excuses I have heard from some cats out here. It just sucks that two of my favorite roads are now costantly patrolled and they have at least one chase a week on both of them. Bad publicity for my favorite sport and for some of the nicest and coolest people I have ever been associated with, the sport biking community. (for all you AZ riders I am talking about Tortilla Flats and Bartlet lake.)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And another thing, The yellow line thing I mentioned was not about bikes crossing the line, but the trailers etc. and the lack of enforcement of those kind of offenses which can be life ending to us.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I feel your pain. My favorite rode just got shut down in much the same fassion. But I'm not blaming to cops for it, its their job

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess I am not being very clear. Sorry. I am not blaming it on the cops, but at the same time I have a hard time blaming it on us 100%. Like everything else in life it is always the small exception that wrecks it for everyone else. On that one road, Tortilla Flats, newbies lunch it all the time. I know the cops are sworn to protect us, even if it is from our selves. But that sucks

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Just so I have it clear, your problem is with officers who chase sportbikers who are running from them so they can watch them crash, right? It seems to me there is an easy solution to the problem, yet nobody has mentioned it thus far (unless I missed it). How about not running? If sportbikers didn't run then there would be no chase and subsequent crash. The root cause of the problem most certainly is us, and the only way to fix it is to address the real root cause, i.e. running.

Novel idea, ain't it? :D

Now I'm sure someone could argue that the root cause is speed limits being set too low, which I can see to a point. However, speed limits are not set with only sportbikes in mind. It accounts for all types of vehicle ability and driver ability, and is set so that all roads can be handled by all motor driven vehicles safely. Is that fair to the faster, better handling ones? Probably not, but a system where there were different speed limits for different vehicles would be a disaster, so it's easier to use one extremely conservative catch-all speed for everyone. :2cents:

Ah hell, I should probably get back to work. :)

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
spicersh said:
Why do I get the feeling this thread will be short lived....:huh:
You got that from Magic 8 ball, didn't you?

"All signs point to yes"

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bingo, you are the next contestant on the price is right, can I buy a vowel. Thanks Scott. Do not run people, all it does is piss them off more and create a worse immage for the community. I would rather have the officer give me a warning because I am polite and respectful, than get away only to wreck it for the next poor sap who is 10-15 mph over limit. Granted, at 165 I am not stoppin for anyone, but there in lies the problem:dunno:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just for the record, what I typed didn't get tossed, I deleted it after reading it and realising I was being trolled.

It's even more apparent now that 1%er has changed his tone to "Oh, it's our fault, don't run people." from "Oink oink piggy piggy scum blah blah."

Why attention whore like that? Why bring up a thread that happened on officer.com over a year ago? Was there something that wasn't hashed out then that we should revisit now? I was a member of that thread on officer.com and my only contribution was that I do not have pity for squids who wreck and are maimed/killed while running from the police. I certainly don't wish for a fellow, responsible biker to be killed.

This was just a blatent trolling attempt, and to your credit, I fell for it for the first couple of minutes.

If it wasn't a troll, here's a tip. Your argument is going to be completely ignored if you complain about being stereotyped in the same breath as you stereotype others. Be original at least, with your cop bashing.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Sindic said:
Be original at least, with your cop bashing.
What you mean like "Fuck da Poo-lease"?

I still havent found what happened on officer.com. And so long as it wasnt about a cop running a guy on the bike over, I really dont care.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts