Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I was out on Sunday - what a great day. I saw a ton of sportbikes and killed about a million bugs. Was anyone around the routes 99, 144, 27 area near Mt. Airy?

There is a Honda Sport Riders group that usually meets in the area, I can never seem to get hooked up with them or anyone here. If you see my yellow VFR wave with two hands! I'll stop.

Best to ya,

Thunderheart

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Thunderheart,

I was out on Sunday in the area on a blue 2001 R1. I live in Woodbine just 5 miles east of Mt. Airy. It was a great day!! Went out a little yesterday evening too. The back roads from my house to Thurmont then Emmittsburg and back are perfect for our type of bikes. Anyway, if I see you I'll be sure to wave. Let me know if you wanna ride sometime. Kinda an old geezer (46) riding off and on since I was 14 (a hundred years ago) but I can hold my own okay. Just love the feeling of sportbikes and country roads. Have fun if I don't hear from you.

Richard

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Richard,

Good to hear from you. I agree, nothing like the feel of a sportbike. I've been in love with them most of my 52 years, even when they were called "Cafe Racers". I ride much slower now - nothing to prove - I leave that to the young fast folks.

I'll keep my eyes open for you, maybe we can hook up.

Jim - Charter Member of "Geezers on Sportbikes"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts