Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a word with Barry Leung in KL (RaceLine Motorsports). He told me they are trying to put together a support race for the last round of the AsiaPac series next weekend (December 14-16th) at Sepang. It would be with prize money and all. Basically in the same form as the MSS, except there would only be 1 class.

There would be scrutinizing, practice and qualifying on Saturday and then 2 races on Sunday. The intention is to have the 1st race before the main events and 2nd race after the main events.

Now they are asking for a show of hands from us guys in Singapore!!
You don't have to have participated in the MSS to do this race. All you need is a race license. Understand that SMSA licenses should be OK, but would have to re-confirm that.

The expected field is probably going to be smaller than the MSS races. So maybe a chance for the riders who have not been participating in the MSS to do some competitive riding....

Can't think of a better excuse to go watch great race also!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Ledge,

Can you please be so kind and circulate this on the e-mail list??

Yes, you can put me as the guy to contact about this....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Thanks Nils

Thanks Nils for picking up the reins with the MSS and much of the track day availability.

I cannot do either of these rounds... I'm travelling early part of next week and then off back to Blighty for Chrsitmas next Thursday.

See you all in 2004

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hopefully

Getting a AAM licence in time might be a bit tricky, but I reckon I might be able to get a SMSA licence pretty quickly. I know that BC and others are dead set against this, but it will only be until the end of the year. The SMSA mentioned that international insurance could also be organised and that is a BIG draw for me.

So fingers crossed, I might just be in for it. Should know for sure before end of tomorrow (Friday)

All I have to do now is persuade the Missus that it's good idea.:eek:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to get some interest!

At the moment we are short some riders, and don't have too much time to confirm this.

I checked further and SMSA license holders are OK for this race also!!

Anyone else interested??

- Boycie
- McPeril
- Legend
- Max

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have no license and..

I might not be back in time from my trip!!

I'm out for this one.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Re: Thanks Nils

Blue Catt said:
Thanks Nils for picking up the reins with the MSS and much of the track day availability.

See you all in 2004
Nils..the future VP? Secretary? President maybe?

I can see it now...the transition of SBR into PBR...Poof Bike Riders..

Sigh...such a bleak future...

:2cents: of my morning crap...pardon me...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Head bangin

Went down to the SMSA on Friday, and had about as much fun as banging my head against a wall!

Sure enough a licence could be organised quickly, but they need payment for a years insurance costing 3 or 4 hundred bucks. That would not be a problem, but the insurance is fixed term from Feb 03 to Feb 04 and so I would be paying a years worth for only two months cover.

So unfortunately, count me out.

It raised an interesting point though. By buying group cover, they have cover for both track days and races to the tune of 45,000RM for medical, and 15,000RM for repatriation, as well as a few quid for death and disablement. That sounds bloody good to me. Reckon we organise same for ourselves?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The support race is NOT confirmed !!!

REPEAT: The support race is NOT confirmed !!!

Sorry for confusion, but was relying on what Amir (Classic) was saying on the Malaysian forum. However, have discussed with Barry and we are still a bit short on number of competitors.

So anyone with a racing license and an inkling of an itch to participate, by all means feel free to sign up.

Reverting later with final outcome.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Support Race Final Word

The support race for the AsiaPac round at Sepang this weekend has been taken off the schedule due to lack of participants.
:crying: :crying: :crying:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts