Votes: 28 68.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 31.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
so you drop a hundred and some dollars on a weekend training session. That weekend is the most important weekend of your riding life! :2cents:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Does not fit with some of us older rides. Please note that I legally started riding m/cs in '46 & from '47 till '89 was in all forms of m/c competition.

There is a sort of form of the MSF course in Cdn, I believe started up in '68 & they tried to get me in to donate my time & skills as an instructor, but I was a full-time farmer & my spare time was in practicing comp, competiting, simply riding, & using my m/cs on the farm so did not have the time so NO I have never taken the MSF, yet I do have a Class 6 m/c license here in B.C. Cdn.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I don't know if you want my vote or not, but I'm going to take the MSF as a way to get my license...so when I have my bike and am riding, I will have taken the MSF.

(tommorow I'm going to take my written test for my permit with my dad..wish me luck :D :D)

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Unas_the_Slayer said:
I don't know if you want my vote or not, but I'm going to take the MSF as a way to get my license...so when I have my bike and am riding, I will have taken the MSF.

(tommorow I'm going to take my written test for my permit with my dad..wish me luck :D :D)

Luck! :thumbs2:

·
Registered
471 Posts
it always amazes to what degree people ride unsafly and improperly. even when it comes to something as basic as stopping under normal conditions. i can't even begin to count the number of times i've seen people to come to really sketchy, unstable, and uncalculated stops at a red light.

they way i was taught to stop was to use both front and back brakes as an intirgarted system, while downshifting at the same time. at the actull stop, you put your left foot on the ground, and use right foot to brake untill you have come to a *complete* stop. this provides for the maximm amount of stopping power to be utalized. granted you don't need all that power under normal circumstances, but you don't an emergency is the worst place to pick up new habits. i learned this at the MSF course. everyday i see people stopping w/o useing the rear brake *at all*. i see them useing there feet to stop the bike in some kind of Flintstonian way. i see bikes coming close to be dropped at stops because people use the bake brake then the front then downshift, etc. it's reall insane how bad some of the habits are.

all of this can be overcome bay taking a simple 2 day MSF course. and i'm not even talking about stuff like proper turning, counter balance, leaning, thortlle control, road debris, swering, etc....i'm just talking about STOPPING for chirst sake.

so yeah...everyone should take the MSF course. end of story.

-chris sedition

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Never took it, but probably will eventually. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Well now I have my bike permit!!!! :D :D :D :D

I just need to find an opening in the MSF classes now, I'll probably have to go down to South Jersey for the weekend to do it sooner.

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Unas_the_Slayer said:
Well now I have my bike permit!!!! :D :D :D :D

Congrats! :D

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
spicersh said:
Never took it, but probably will eventually. :dunno:
same here

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
felix_98, see if it helps.
Will definitely take your poll into consideration in my research. I don't think anyone in my class knows crap about bikes so I tried to keep my polls as simple as possble :) - I'm hoping this paper will enlighten them. Thanks for the voting and input guys. Keep em coming!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Deffinetly take it. I took mine last weekend, and there was one rider with 5 years experience and one with 3 and both learned alot they said.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I finally got called back and was able to get signed up for the next available class in San Diego. It starts on the 26th of May. Damn California

·
Registered
460 Posts
Well I'm signed up to take it. I have had my M/L for about 2 months now. I just can't get in any sooner then y sechudal date.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Jester said:
so you drop a hundred and some dollars on a weekend training session. That weekend is the most important weekend of your riding life! :2cents:
A hundred bucks?! :eek: It's only $25 here in MI. Well, it WAS $25, now it may not even be around anymore :(

At any rate, It is well worth taking the course, I took the beginner course before I bought a bike and now I want to take the intermediate course.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I took it only to get me motorcycle endorsement on my driver's license. After I took it I felt glad that I did, I did learn a lot.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts