Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all have our close calls but when you know what you're doing from experience and have learned the RIGHT way, it's nice to come out of a could be bad situation without any problems.

I was just coming home from getting my hair cut following behind an older pickup truck that was at first, driving very slowly. We finally get up to speed(really cruising @ 55-60 on this 45mph road) and everything is cool. The road I live on is off a road that has 2 pretty sharp curves which you can't see anything on the other side of because of trees. A lot of accidents at both of them as well. Even enough to put up yellow speed limits signs with solar powered yellowed flashers.

Anyway, we're moving and take the first curve and low and behold, a truck is at a complete stop making a left hand turn into a neighboorhood at the end of the curve. The pickup ahead of me hits his breaks pretty hard. Because I was paying attention, saw the deal, straightened my bike and landed my breaks. No lockups, lowsides, and didn't slam into the back him. :D

Get back going and of course, I'm home now. It just feels good when you turn a bad situation into nothing. Was wearing my gear of course too.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cookeetree said:
Local knowledge certainly helps, too, hey? :thumb:
Without a doubt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts