Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I've been doing some poking around on ERC classes and availability and went ahead and signed up for a June 1st class. There's 57 open spots as of today!

I would reccomend a class like this to all Redline Superbike members (and non-members alike). Times come to mind where, for example, we pass a turn off and have to do a u-turn. Half the people do the u-turn and the other half do half a u-turn into a curb and then back the bike up. You can be the guy who does the full u-turn!!! Think about it. :D

The registration office is open 8am to 4:15pm M-F.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I took this class at Washtenaw Comminity College a couple of years ago - it was very helpful. The confidence to do the U-turn thing was the best part...:D (Although it's still not one of my favorite manuvers...:rolleyes:)

·
Registered
132 Posts
... Or is it just about looking cool? :rolleyes:
You know Bluto, it's really hard to do a figure 8 with a 10" stretched swingarm while blinding yourself with the chrome! Seriously people, this is something really worth doing and isn't as easy as some might think.

Also, this is one of the few times we're fortunate to be in Michigan because classes like these are drastically subsidized by the state and would cost a lot more elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
100 people viewed and 3 responses? Anyone else? So is riding about having fun and improving your skills so you stay safe on the street? That's it right? Or is it just about looking cool? :rolleyes:

Come on fockers...make the call. :cool:
that's a long way to commit to something - i'd rather not say anything till i was sure, then say 'yes yes yes' and bail last minute, and i'm pretty sure that's what's happening (at least a bit...)

:cheers:

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
We're taking the experienced rider course down at Road Atlanta with Kevin Schwantz the week before. Do you think I need both? :D

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We're taking the experienced rider course down at Road Atlanta with Kevin Schwantz the week before. Do you think I need both? :D
Why not? I'm doing the Keith Code Superbike School 2 weeks before. :D

James you can wait. I just posted this up ahead of time because just about all the classes before this one are sold out already.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm probably gonna sign up for this one too. I'm looking at taking the beginning msf course again just for the refresher and then a couple of weeks later, I'll take the advanced one.

Jim

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
What?
And you didnt start 20 threads about which school to go to or when or why or how many times you farted while debating who's course would be best for you?
:D

Prrroooooooooofound!

:)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
What?
And you didnt start 20 threads about which school to go to or when or why or how many times you farted while debating who's course would be best for you?
:D

Prrroooooooooofound!

:)
Actually, I think there are 3 threads about the different schools that Redline members will be attending this season. You are right Duner, we did debate the schools to some extent, but it was for good reason. For some it was cost, others it was for location.

Some of us are pretty excited about attending these schools to improve our riding skills, and possibly attaining a race license, not a bad idea IMO. Its obviously not everyones cup of tea, but hey, they might have a school for sitting behing a keyboard and criticizing everyone elses posts??? :D:moon:

·
Registered
3,288 Posts

Actually, I think there are 3 threads about the different schools that Redline members will be attending this season. You are right Duner, we did debate the schools to some extent, but it was for good reason. For some it was cost, others it was for location.

Some of us are pretty excited about attending these schools to improve our riding skills, and possibly attaining a race license, not a bad idea IMO. Its obviously not everyones cup of tea, but hey, they might have a school for sitting behing a keyboard and criticizing everyone elses posts??? :D:moon:
I waz beeeing facetious.:moon:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts