Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm getting ready to sign up for this course. I know I can't seriously consider getting a bike until I take this course. What should I expect from this class? I just wanted to hear some of your experiences, things you learned, pros/cons. Just some info so I have somewhat of an idea as to what to expect. And yes I have taken driver's ed, but I have a feeling that this will be somewhat different :)

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
MSF Good - Ya

When I took the MSF course it was a alot more than drivers ed was. I took the course through Team Arizona. They provided a bike to use and three days of training. They will help through every step of your basic learning.

I had no complaints about the course. It was the best part of motorcycle learning.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i just completed the course this weekend!
well worth it!
i had no experience but they got me started off on the right foot...er left...ah you'll find out what i mean...

the 1st night was all classroom--getting you prepared for whats to come...mostly where things are located on the bike; i.e.--clutch, rear/ front brakes, the whole 9...
as well as bike facts, etc...

2nd day- morning half day on the BIKES!--honda nighthawks and zook kz250(?)--did the job!
took the in-class written exam, 50 questions, multiple choice---

day 3- ALL DAY ON THE BIKE!---continued to learn braking, weaving, sharp turns, switching lanes, emergency stops...

the day and a half on the bikes covered everything except poppin wheelies...
again it's a great start, a place to get the knowledge of doing this thing the right way and you going out and practicing it there after....

i hope this answered your questions...

lemme know if you have anything specific in mind

1 - 8 of 8 Posts