Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding now for over a month (yes, without a license) and this weekend I completed the MSF course. It was truly a great course and I learned a good bit. Not so much about general riding skill (I've been riding a while) but a lot about different types of bikes, general knowledge of do's and don'ts, and some strategy tips for street riding. As with everyone else on this forum (it is everyone right? :p ) I highly recommend taking the MSF course. If you are a first time rider you will learn nearly everything you need to learn to be able to get started on your bike. I don't mean you'll run out and start hitting the twisties in 2 weeks, but at least you will feel comfortable getting out in a neighborhood and then moving on from there. The Beginners MSF course should be required by law of all motorcyclists before an endorsement is given. My 2 cents. Oh, and I forgot to mention I learned a ton of statistics on what makes riders crash, what the leading causes of these crashes were, why some injuries occurred, and nearly every time what type/skill driver was involved in the crash. Not suprisingly, somewhere in the neighborhood of 70% of all motorcycle crashes were caused because the driver was self-taught (never took the MSF course). Additionally, the crash/injuries could have been avoided if the driver had the skills taught in the MSF course.

So, if you haven't taken it, take it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts