Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after long last I start my MSF safety course tommorrow. Pretty excited hope it teaches me all I hope it will. I've been practicing alot lately so I think I'm ready, but we shall see. I'll drop in on Sun. and tell of my tale!!!:D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Good decision. Once you get on the bike you will not want to get off of it. That happened to me, and I was the only one to park the bike way later after every1 else.:D

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm an assistant instructor right now. waiting on taking the instructor course. One thing I've heard from a couple of the guys is "why do we do this, this isn't a real situation!" I tell them it's the basics and the more you ride the more you will notice you are using what you learn here. I love the class. If anything it's just another opportunity to ride.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just finished the course Sun. I thought it was great for a beginner like myself. It taught me some manuvers and tactics that I would of never gotten just from trying to learn on my own. I'm on a military base and there were alot of guys there who only took it because you "have to" to ride on base. Of course they were complaining how boring it was and how they didn't need it. But the thing is you didn't see any of them get everything perfect like they thought they were. I HIGHLY reccomend it to any new rider. It gives you that extra knowledge you'll need in a sketchy situation on the road. The instructors seemed to really want to help you, which is appreciated. One thing I found was that it really gives you a chance to learn the brakes when you brake hard. I was surprised how quick you actually can stop. But once again it was well worth it!!! (Although it was free for me!!!:D )

Peace.............now all I need is a bike!!!!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome to SBW :) ...and congrats on completing the class. What bike do you have in mind?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not quite sure what I want to get. I'd really like to have a mid 90's CBR, but I not sure if I should go with one of the smaller bikes or not. I'm new and the only experience I have is one the Honda 125's used for training and A friends Katana 750. So not real sure what I will get yet. A CBR sounds appealing though!!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
conga-rats!!!!

I have to wait until NOVEMBER for mine. Ah well, hopefully it won't be raining then... wait, I live in Seattle. DAMN IT!! :(

Welcome to SBW. Enjoy, but uh what out for Paul. ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, i live in Montana and it can snow anytime. It's July 2 and Snow tomorrow wouldn't surprise anyone!! It's terrible trying to find a used bike up here. Oh well, adapt and overcome!!!! I've yet to make it to Seattle passed up two oppurtunities though damn Military..........:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts