Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me guys how much mpgs should i expect to get in my 05 gixxer 600. Half highway half town bout 10 miles highway 3 or 4 town driving conservative?
And what is everyone elses numbers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how come the weight is a lot higher than what it says from suzuki website dry it says 354 and on your site it says 402.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,820 Posts
two reasons: manufactures tend to be very optimistic to get people to buy their bike. or that site either weighed and that's what they found or their measurements are highly inaccurate. but you can be sure of the first option.
 

·
S370HSSV 0773H
Joined
·
7,437 Posts
The best way I've found is to measure it yourself. Fill up and go 100 miles or so, then refill and figure up your mileage. Do this 5 or 6 times and average the results. ake that average times your tanks capacity and there is your max range per tank. I usually subtract about 20-30 miles from that number and fill up at that point. May not be dead nuts on, but it will be pretty close. The more numbers you use in the average the more accurate it will be. :2cents:
 

·
Strength and Honor
Joined
·
6,144 Posts
jrog24 said:
And what is everyone elses numbers?
Since you posted in Daily Rider (rather than Suzuki forum), 50mpg on my 500.

And I'm something of a Nazi for records and evidence. I've got vehicle gas records for each vehicle I've ever owned. And some charts to go along with it. Helps to identify when something is going awry :2cents:
 

·
S370HSSV 0773H
Joined
·
7,437 Posts
Re: Re: Mpg's?

kanwisch said:
Since you posted in Daily Rider (rather than Suzuki forum), 50mpg on my 500.

And I'm something of a Nazi for records and evidence. I've got vehicle gas records for each vehicle I've ever owned. And some charts to go along with it. Helps to identify when something is going awry :2cents:
I almost started doing this, but I think Katie would kill me if I did.

We've got a great program here for creating control charts and analyzing data. Every time I think about using it for personal reasons I want to choke myself to death. :laughing:
 

·
Strength and Honor
Joined
·
6,144 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Mpg's?

spicersh said:
I almost started doing this, but I think Katie would kill me if I did.

We've got a great program here for creating control charts and analyzing data. Every time I think about using it for personal reasons I want to choke myself to death. :laughing:
You need better marital skills, my friend. My wife does the data entry and is the resident statistics expert :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,820 Posts
rtcpenguin said:
I was looking at that chart the other day and I can't figure out why some bike's (the Ducati SS1000 DS) average MPG is higher than both their low/high mpg. My math skills tell me there's something fishy there.
I linked the site for comparion purpose, but as I explained on other topic, a lot of their stats are highly inaccurate and often don't make sense at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
The last time I checked I am getting 44.333 MPG. I now comute 20.1 miles each way, with it mostly being freeway. Before I was ridding 8.3 miles and getting in the mid to high 30's MPG. That the difference that ridding mostly freeway will do.:2cents:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
I average 35 on my ZX-6 with K&N air filter, jet kit, and full Muzzy exhaust. I'm also up 1 in the back and I guess that makes a difference, too. A lot of people on the ZX6E forums get 50 on this bike all stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
I just went on a 2500 km trip a couple weeks ago during which I was getting 55 mpg. It was all highway cruising at about 110-120 km/h. Keeping the revs under 7k it seems to just sip the fuel. On the other hand, I've gotten as poor as 35 mpg riding it back and forth to work and I'm sure it could do worse yet:D I can image it will vary tremendously depending on how you ride on any given day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
hapmstr said:
I average 35 on my ZX-6 with K&N air filter, jet kit, and full Muzzy exhaust. I'm also up 1 in the back and I guess that makes a difference, too. A lot of people on the ZX6E forums get 50 on this bike all stock.
I get 55 on my ZZR-600.....mostly highway.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
704 Posts
Re: Re: Mpg's?

kanwisch said:
And I'm something of a Nazi for records and evidence. I've got vehicle gas records for each vehicle I've ever owned. And some charts to go along with it. Helps to identify when something is going awry :2cents:
Wow.... that's pretty whacked....

.... I was thinking I was the only one! I have six vehicles, and a spreadsheet keeping track of all this has saved me from changing the oil in the same vehicle three times in the same weekend.... again.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top