Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone :)
I have this one friend who's a big supporter for cars , while I am all in favour on bikes.He thinks that cars are better than motorcycles.So, could someone here please help me and send in some data (such as 0-60 mph, 0-100 mph, 1/4 mile run, top-speed etc) for faster cars around (such as Lamborghini, Ferrari, McLaren etc) as well as for bikes (such as Yamaha R1, Honda 959, Duc 998R, Suzuki GSX 1000 , Hayabusa etc)
Thanks
Bike Enthusiast

·
Registered
391 Posts
A couple of months ago Motorcyclist Magazine did a Car vs Bike smackdown. Kevin Schwantz(sp?) rode a GSXR-1000 and drove a Corvette around Willow Springs racetrack. The bike kicked the cars butt:D

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
It is like compairing horses & cages.

They are that far apart. I have a '91 2600cc Mazda 4X4 & insure it all year around. It gets me to the gun range & back with all my shooting equipment, targets, holster rigs, ammo, etc., both Summer & Winter. It provides me with a dry ride when it is pouring rain & safer ride when winter hits, etc.
My m/cs (only insured from March till November) are for my pleasure to be ridden when I so feel. Prior to '90 I also had a variation of dirt comp bikes ------ so it is that different that one does not compare them for it would be like comparing a cage to a horse that one likes to take care of & ride.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Smitty -- you need to move to Southern California where you can keep your bike insured 12 months a year and where you don't have to haul your guns around but just aim them out the windows at drive-bys.:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

There is your case closed

·
Registered
269 Posts
i saw that thing from motorcyclist mag on the Speed channel and, if i remember right, the corvette beat the bike in one of the competitions, like taking one specific curve or something like that. if not, it came close because i remember being really surprised. maybe it was a lap time...dont remember, anyone else?
i know the bike spanked the vette in everything else though. the bike went from 0-100-0 before the cage even hit 100, thought that was impressive. later
dash

·
Registered
182 Posts
There is no real fair comparison. They are both designed for different things.

Even true sportscars aren't able to compete with a bike, but then again, they also have the ability to carry two people in relative comfort over long stretches of time while keeping them dry at all times. A bike doesn't REALLY have that ability. You can argue that you can fit two people on a bike, but I'm sorry, I'd rather sit shotgun in a Lingenfelter TT Vette anyday than sit on the back of a GSXR.

And Lingenfelter's TT Vette will run a quarter mile in 9 seconds, so it won't get outrun by many bikes on the road either.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
spicerke said:

But it sure is fun to have sex on a bike! :D
Hey, am I invited?? :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts