Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4-30-06
Police were trying to pull over a rider that was speeding and weeving from lane to lane on I-94 today. Rider lost control and slammed into retaining wall while exiting I94 onto NB I75 in Detroit. Rider died at scene.
Looked like he was on a newer Yamaha sportbike.

RIP
Is it worth loosing your life as well as the impact on your friends and family to avoid a ticket?? :confused:

mb.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
My brother in law saw this one, said the freeway was closed fro quite a while. It's definetly not worth the loss of life, just to avoid a ticket.

·
Registered
532 Posts
this has to be some kind of joke right? 2 in 1 week? What the hell. No wonder parents hate their kids riding so bad. This is all they see.

J

·
0 Posts
Natural selection....
I feel no pitty.....
Choice made, bad choice... Nexy thing ya know... they are saying it's the cops fault and it will be a riot just like Benton Harbor... Same situation...
It's the "not my kid" syndrome

·
Registered
237 Posts
wow... so this is where all the cops where when I was cruisin down pontiac trail/dixburo in the twisties today... it's stories like this that give sport bikes a bad name... when are people going to learn??

·
Registered
96 Posts
I don't feel for the idiot at all.

In fact I feel worse for all of the people that had to sit in traffic because this moron felt that he was more important than every other person using the road.

As for the 2 in one week -----> we are most likely only hearing about it because it is "news". In another month or two (when this sort of thing still happens) this type of "story" will be played out too many times for the general public to really care.

On a similar note --- :finger: --- to the moron that was riding on his gas tank and cut me off today while I was driving the truck home. My 7 year old son has better control and intelligence on his bike! I'm thinking that it was too bad that there wasn't any police around to give him a little "chase"!!!!!!:finger:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Belinda and I were leaving Children's Hospital when this all went down they had traffic detoured off I-75 onto I-94, the bike lost control trying to exit I-94 onto Northbound I-75 went airborne and hit the divider wall between north and southbound I-75 traffic. It was a very ugly scene and there wasn't much left of the bike...

RIP to the rider and his/her family, regardless of the situation

·
Registered
215 Posts
xdbx said:
this has to be some kind of joke right? 2 in 1 week? What the hell. No wonder parents hate their kids riding so bad. This is all they see.
I think there are so many of these because of all the stories of "how I got away". To Bad the ones that didnt get away cant tell there story.:(

Man, Just face up and take the ticket! You never know he might let you go. If not at least you will see friends and family again.

·
Registered
633 Posts
the wizz said:
When you play with fire, sometimes you get burnt!!:D
Sometimes!?! Wow, it is so cool to run. Cant wait to tell my buddies about it! Oops

Just take it to the track!!!!

Hope he didn't leave kids behind, sure hate to have to tell them daddy died cause he's a Friggin Idiot!!!:(

·
Registered
98 Posts
motoboy said:
4-30-06
Looked like he was on a newer Yamaha sportbike.

mb.
Yeah, my sister was totally freaking out. I was out cruising in Rochester Hills and I guess she drove by the accident and was sure it was my bike. She had my parents going nuts.

Needless to say i'm not that dumb!!! Running from the cops... I might try it in a sports car, but on a bike in heavy traffic??? He must of had a death wish.

A $150.00 ticket and maybe a couple of points vs. death!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Re: Re: motorcycle death (police chase) II

svrdr6s said:
Needless to say i'm not that dumb!!! Running from the cops... I might try it in a sports car, but on a bike in heavy traffic??? He must of had a death wish.
Not that i ever encourage running from cops, but "maybe in a sports car, but not on a bike":confused: That's the first time i've ever heard that one...
You have more portection in a car, but we're talking about evading police not finishing a demolition derby - the goal is to get away, and hitting things sure won't help that...
just my :2cents:

·
Registered
168 Posts
bhartwig32 said:
Sometimes!?! Wow, it is so cool to run. Cant wait to tell my buddies about it! Oops

Just take it to the track!!!!

Hope he didn't leave kids behind, sure hate to have to tell them daddy died cause he's a Friggin Idiot!!!:(

Well....I only ride on the track...so I guess I have that covered!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Re: Re: Re: motorcycle death (police chase) II

jjkGURU said:
You have more protection in a car, but we're talking about evading police not finishing a demolition derby - the goal is to get away, and hitting things sure won't help that...
just my :2cents:
I definetely understand what your saying and I personally have never tried running from the cops but if I was going too I guess I would just feel like I was in more control of a car doing 150 than on my bike. Maybe its because i've been around fast cars all my life and only riding a couple of years... not to mention the fact that you never know when the next pothole might come up :eek: especially riding here in MI.

·
Registered
49 Posts
RIP

This is 2006, don't you think the cops should have a better way of dealing with situations like this by now, other than high speed chases, putting the flee-er, the cop, and every other person on the road in a huge amount of danger? Most states don't even allow their cops to engage in high speed chases. Sooner or later some police depts are going to start getting their asses sued bad.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hey pickle i feel the same way.... Cops just should not give chase to bikes... well its pointless.. just radio ahead... or get a plate number or somthin..

every cop trooper etc etc ive talked to... i tell them the same thing why do u guys chase.. they're reply is u can out run a radio.. my answer to that is OK use it dont chase...

but yah.... :finger:

And yah dont try to out run a cop on an R6 its a YAMAHA... def dont on a Suzuki or a kawasukisuki. LMAO... just a lil humor to all this seriousness...

ride safe people....

·
Registered
98 Posts
CBR RYDER said:
And yah dont try to out run a cop on an R6 its a YAMAHA... def dont on a Suzuki or a kawasukisuki. LMAO... just a lil humor to all this seriousness...

I'm down at milan dragstrip every other week. Bring your repsol and i'll show you my r6 will run with your honda any day of the week. (10.89 1/4 run at 126 mph... not bad for a 600) I may not be able to take you top end but i'll be right there all the way to 160. :twofinger

·
Registered
394 Posts
HAHAHA... MIlan why Milan... lets hit the MI AUTOBON... 696... lol

yah ill come out... my leathers are a lil small for me now... gotta get new ones and a new rear tire... when i do go this summer belive me ill let u know..

and by the way ill bring my 50 then u will have a chance..
:twofinger

yah James that was prolly me i was all over the place yesterday....

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Well if you need somebody on a bigger bike to make you feel better, I'll let you know when I head down there for my first time - then you can tell everybody you beat a fat kid on a 12

for the first few runs...:D :laughing:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts