Sportbike World banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, the feather dusting of my 919 in the garage is getting old! I'm just going to have to break down and buy a cover. What are some good choices in covers these days?

·
Premium Member
7,434 Posts
I think the covers we had were Dowco maybe....something like that. We just bought them out of the Chaparral catalogue and they weren't too expensive. Most of the dealers seem to have them in stock too, or most of them around here anyway. It had two grommets on the bottom for a cable lock. They seemed to work really well, and we kept our bikes outside.

Hell if you're just looking for something to keep the dust off you can buy a $15 tarp from Wal-Mart for inside your garage. I'd go for the actual cover if you keep it outside at all though.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hell if you're just looking for something to keep the dust off you can buy a $15 tarp from Wal-Mart for inside your garage.
Well, the bike spends most of its time inside the unheated garage, but I also want to prevent moisture (condensation?). I probably sound fussy, but hey, I spent alot of $$$ on this thing and I like to try to keep my possesions clean.

·
Premium Member
7,434 Posts
Na, not fussy at all. That was my main concern with the covers too because I leave early in the morning for work before the condensation dries and hated having to wipe the bike down. I didn't want condensation on the thing at all, but especially right when I was needing to leave for work!

The covers we had did pretty well witht he condensation. Like I said, we kept them outside and there was rarely any condensation on the bike regardless of the conditions. If you keep it in the garage under cover it should be fine.

I think the ones we bought were about $50-$60 each. Well worth it to keep the oogies off yer baby. :thumb:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Check out the JC Whitney Motorcycle Catalog. I bought a
Blue and Sliver Wolf water repellent cover from them and
I really like it a lot. Looks really great on my bike. It's not
super heavy, but it does the job just fine for me. I paid
around 25.00 plus shipping for it. :D

·
Registered
391 Posts
I've been thinking about one myself. With all the truck traffic at work it stirs up alot of dust. I no longer have covered parking either. ( The plant manager won't let me put the bike in the warehouse anymore:( )

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've also been using the Dowco one for a long time and was quite satisfied with it. I don't think the price is too high, so maybe choose one from this brand. Another possibility is two buy a second-hand one. I see users here ready to sell you themselves. So maybe choose from their proposals, of course, if they're of good quality. On another note, can someone recommend me a good pair of motorcycle boots? OI read a review on motorcyclesportworld.com, but I would like to get the opinion of users from this community. I feel like I trust you more than an article on the internet. Please share with me what you wear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts