Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you guys and girls have deep pockets and love bikes like I do . I'm looking to start a motorcycle business in the New York area that absolutely cannot loose (will make big money) and I need an equity partner.
Give to the world and the world will give back.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
As I finish up my Technology Commercialization class, I now understand to a much greater degree all the pieces that have to be put into place. How well developed a plan do you have, or is this just an idea? I.e. where are you at in the planning?

BTW, I'm not looking to invest, but to elicit more useful information such that you might actually get an interested party.

It has been written in here a few times that motorcycle dealerships are very risky and almost never make significant amounts of income. These from people who either are/were/know owners of such firms. But there's always room in a market for a new approach so the best of luck you :thumb:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a shop

By the way it's not a motorcycle shop. I
forgot to mention that. I currently own another business(small) so I know what's involved. What I have right now is mostly in my head but this has been a dream (plan) for years.
What the mind can conceive we can acheive.

·
Registered
462 Posts
rezrider said:
I know some of you guys and girls have deep pockets and love bikes like I do . I'm looking to start a motorcycle business in the New York area that absolutely cannot loose (will make big money) and I need an equity partner.
Hmm... So, you come here, a new member that nobody knows anything about. You very vaguely claim that you want to start a motorcycle business that will make big money, but all you need is an equity partner with deep pockets. Well, god has answered your prayers, my brother. I'm your man! But, just to make sure that you're serious about this, I require a small deposit of $2,000. Once I get the payment, my "deep pockets" are all yours. :D

After all,
Give to the world and the world will give back.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup

Hey thanks for sticking up for me. I may have not posted much in the past. But bikes I was born with in my blood and 2000 man I work hard for my money. Are u serious?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Of course I'm not serious. No offense, but your post sounded like an undeveloped idea for a scam. I apologise if I offended you or anything, but when I read your post, and saw "New Member" under your name, I figured that you were just a spammer trying a lame attempt at getting money. Before asking for people with "deep pockets," you might want to actually present your idea/plan/dream. What you're doing is kind of like going out into the street and telling people "Hey, I have a really good product. Wanna buy it?" and expecting to make money off of people who have no idea what they're buying.

And just as a side note, I do have pretty deep pockets. Unfortunately, there's nothing in 'em.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No worries man

I know it's a long shot but you have to try in this world. I do have a good Idea for the Eastend of Long Island but I'm not going to tell the whole world on the forum because there are a lot of people with deep pockets that are greedy and could take my idea and run with it so I have to know who I'm telling my idea to or least talk to them in a private email or phone call before I tell all. But no worries I'm not easily offended and not a spammer just a young man with a dream. Well kinda young.

·
Registered
462 Posts
From what it sounds like, you've kind of created a catch 22 for yourself. Perhaps the online forums aren't the best place to find a partner... Try your close circle of friends who you can trust. You'll probably get better results.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts