Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
BTW, welcome to the Trivia forum! :D

No hard feelings here, you can like which ever rider you want. But only one will win this year, llike last year and every year, and it will not be Max.
Did you hear his last comments on the M1 Yamaha?
He said in a few words that he congratulates Honda for the bike they built (the Rc211V) and that he needs 20 more HP to be able to keep the pace of Rossi!!
If you have 20 HP to spare please give it to him ;)

PS. Since you like him so much take a close look to this picture and tell us what you see:

Aris

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And my favourite Motorcycle Racing picture of the year is this.
Enjoy :twofinger

Aris

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any other propositions?

:D

Did I tell you I'm a dedicated Rossi fan?
This was a TRAP question :D

VIVA ROSSI!!! :)
FORZA VALE!!! :D

Aris

PS. Any posts indicating someone else than Rossi will be champion can and will be moderated :twofinger :D

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I'm for Rossi too. I like what he brings to the sport. He's fun. :cool:

I think he will take the championship too but there are a couple of people to watch out for. The new Honda rider(I think it is Katoh) that bumped up from 250GP will be riding the two stroke and in his first outing on the bike he was 2/10ths of a second off of Rossi's new time(ie, broke last years record in his first ride on the bike). :eek:

Also watch out for Roberts on the new Suzuki. They brought it out a year early so I'm thinking things were going well in testing. The old bike handled well and it is basically the same chassis so he should be watched.

I don't believe a thing Max says. Horspower is only part of the picture. All of the four strokes are going to have more power than the tires can handle anyway. What happen to Yami engineers saying they were detuning the engine so they get usable power. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
377 Posts
As long as the V5 Honda holds together Rossi will blitz it. If not he will revert to the old NSR, and still blitz it.

I really rate Nakano and Katoh, but the real surprise will be Checa. The guy practises rear wheel steering on a wicked R1 the Marlboro team built up for him, and he is a much better 4-stroke racer than Biaggi ( who can't rear wheel steer ). High corner speed won't help you with 200+ hp pushing you down the shute.

:)

ps: at least Rossis fans are top notch : check out the webmaster

http://sansas46.tripod.com/

·
Registered
322 Posts
As much as I admire Rossi, I hope he doesn't Dominate the sport for the next 5 years. Its kinda boring when it gets like Formula 1.
My contenders are Rossi, Capirossi, Katoh and Biaggi.
As much as people hate Biaggi, he's still an awesome rider and a chance for the crown.

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LEITESCBR said:
THE NEW MOTO GP IS NOT FOR BABIES
Capirossi's time was the fastest of all the two-stroke machines, bettering the official lap record by 1.1seconds.
What took you so long to reply? :D

Capirossi can always get goog lap times in tets or practice, but not so much in the races.
Maybe it has to do with the fact he weighs around 45 kg. Once I met him and he signed an autograph for me, his head was up to my chest!

Aris

PS: If he hadn't crashed Harada on purpose to win the 250 champioship, I would rate him much higher. He's a bad boy :)
PS2: BABIES DON'T WIN ALL 3 GP CATEGORIES in 5 YEARS. ONLY EXTREMELY TALENTED RIDERS DO.

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice picture!
I mean the bike of course :D

No, seriously I really believe that Biaggi is a great rider, it's just that Rossi is a much better rider and has a better personality.
I enjoyed Rossi's early years when he had fun and made all kinds of jokes, and I don't like to see him become really serious.This comes with the Top level teams, sponsors etc I suppose.
Still, I have to respect that he speaks the truth about his riding and the bike. When he makes a mistake he openly admits it, last year for example I remember him saying : 'I did a stupid mistake in that corner and lost the race'.
With Biaggi it's the opposite, if he wins it's all because of his riding skills and because he is the best there is. When he loses or falls (which happens much too often) it's the bikes or the tires or anybody else's fault. Of course you could say that last year this was true (except for Sachsenring where the Yamahas were on top, and I was there to watch Biaggi win and Rossi take 7th) bhut Biaggi has been like that for many years now!

Aris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts