Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I was wrong about Danny not handling the big dog!!! Could be a bumper season if he and Stoner can get it on with Rossi, Melandri and Hayden.... :D :D :D

Sepang day 1

Marco Melandri (ITA) Honda, 2’02.95

Nicky Hayden (USA) Honda, 2’03.20

Carlos Checa (SPA) Honda, 2’03.58

Dani Pedrosa (SPA) Honda, 2’03.75

Colin Edwards (USA) Yamaha, 2’03.78

Valentino Rossi (ITA) Yamaha, 2’03.80

Toni Elias (SPA) Honda, 2’04.05

John Hopkins (USA) Suzuki, 2’04.13

Casey Stoner (AUS) Honda, 2’04.29

Shinya Nakano (JPN) Kawasaki, 2’04.90

James Ellison (GBR) Yamaha, 2’05.10

Chris Vermeulen (AUS) Suzuki, 2’05.56

Randy du Puniet (FRA) Kawasaki, 2’05.60

Day 3

Dani Pedrosa (SPA) Honda, 2’02.77

Nicky Hayden (USA) Honda, 2’02.79

Marco Melandri (ITA) Honda, 2’02.86

Shinya Nakano (JPN) Kawasaki, 2’02.93

John Hopkins (USA) Suzuki, 2’03.10

Carlos Checa (SPA) Honda, 2’03.39

Colin Edwards (USA) Yamaha, 2’03.61

Casey Stoner (AUS) Honda, 2’03.70

Valentino Rossi (ITA) Yamaha, 2’03.85

Toni Elias (SPA) Honda, 2’03.95

Randy du Puniet (FRA) Kawasaki, 2’04.27

Chris Vermeulen (AUS) Suzuki, 2’04.50

James Ellison (GBR) Yamaha, 2’05.00

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
cookeetree said:
How HOT is that tail!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I would say it would be rather hot for a passenger. :D
Do you think Hayden has it in him to stay with Rossi this year. The competition seems to be leveling out.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
jeeps84 said:
...Do you think Hayden has it in him to stay with Rossi this year...
I thought Rossi was heading to F1? Is that still happening??

Any time Rossi's on the track, he's the man to beat. Doesn't matter how quick everyone else goes in practice.

Rossi's as close to God as a bike racer could be.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
For the record I would just like to point out that I ....... Legend ..... made the Ledgendary prediction the Pedrosa would be the big thing this season ......

And ... I did this against Arm Chair General Number One ..... (Big Phil) arrrruffffff !!!!

Now then ..... Rossi was 'reported' to be going to F1 possibly in 2007 ... however, Pedophil will give him such a run for his money in 2006 that all past records will be broken and most will review their view that Rossi is as much of a Legend as me ....

So ... all his past glories will be tainted ... and he will have to come back again in 07 just to make a point ... owww ... we are in for a great season or two .. or three :)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Roll up, roll up

Best result there has to Hopper riding the nail:eek: Ellison also looking good:thumb: Would be nice to see a brit or even half a brit doing reasonably well for a change.
Back to reality, Pedrosa has to be a serious challenge but still think Rossi will be hard to beat.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
don't be too quick to judge

I wanna see Pedro in the pack in turn one. My boy haydon has allways been quick but it has taken him the best part of 2 seasons to consistantly be at the front. We'll see.

Rossi ...mmmmh The only place to go when you're at the top is????.
He's been world champion so many times now and has kicked everybody arse this year on a slower bike I think he's proved his point:cool:

Last time he tested F1 at the Ferrari test track he was less than 1 second slower than Schummi's best ever lap there and you have to take your hat off to that.

I'm not a big Rossi fan but would like to see him stay with bikes and maybe do '07 on a duke then bugger off to cars. :D

No Baggi, Barros and Gibblet testing !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Early days yet, but...

Biaggi doesn't have a ride, Barros is prob. in getting a hip replacement and Gibblet wouldn't be out of the mental ward from last years beating :p :p

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just when the game of MotoGP musical chairs appeared over some surprise new twists unfolded last week that leave some players still unseated for 2006.

Australia’s Casey Stoner (Kurri Kurri, NSW) had been expected to race with the Sito Pons managed Honda Pons squad for 2006 and recently completed two full tests with the team but sponsor problems at Honda Pons seems to have scuttled that plan.

The Pons squad was expected to run again with Camel backing in 2006 but the tobacco giant is taking it’s money elsewhere in the hope of finding the as yet unsigned Max Biaggi a ride next year. Biaggi failed to impress while racing in the spearhead Repsol HRC team this season and it seems Honda is unwilling to provide him a machine for 2006. The Italian’s last hope seems to be the possible chance of Team Kawasaki fielding a third bike with the help of Camel money to secure the four-times 250cc World Champion a 2006 MotoGP berth but that option also now seems increasingly unlikely.

Another top veteran yet to be confirmed for MotoGP is Brazil’s Alex Barros. The most experienced GP rider in history has reportedly been seen testing with the Ten Kate Honda World Superbike squad and it looks likely that after more than 250 Grand Prix races his time in the premier series may have come to an end.

For Stoner however things have settled and after the Pons deal fell through he signed with long term boss Lucio Cecchinello with Honda agreeing to supply the partnership with an RC211V to enable them to step up into the premier MotoGP category.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Re: Early days yet, but...

Gixxer_Dave said:
Biaggi doesn't have a ride, Barros is prob. in getting a hip replacement and Gibblet wouldn't be out of the mental ward from last years beating :p :p
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Thats a funny dude!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts