Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this thing? I personally think it's gorgeous, but what do I know, I'm a newbie! From what I can gather, it's supposed to be out in Europe now/soon.

Hopefully I posted that picture right.

I want one. Anyone know anything about Moto Guzzi?

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Yes I saw the picture in the mags and it surely looks great.
Guzzis are unique machines, you should ride one to understand.
Aprilia has taken over and things are going better and better for Guzzi, but still the bikes feel strange to the uninitiated.
The 2001 V11 Sport I rode was a great looking bike with good Brembo gold line brakes and WP suspension, but still felt strange while cornering it fely like there was a hinge somewhere in the middle of the bike, the EFI had glitches, and it leaked some oil with 2000kms on the speedo, while it wasn't faster than my ZR7 at any time, even top speed.
In a few words it has strong character ;).
Aris

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I'd love to try one out, but it's really not an option, at least right now. The nearest MG dealer is 3 hours away.

My dilemma is I'm not a rider. Any Guzzi quirks wouldn't be quirks to me, since I have nothing to compare it to. The Breva (or the Monster 620s) is my "high-end" first bike choice (meaning if everything goes incredibly right, I can afford one). I love the looks of the Italian bikes, and from what I can read about the Monster anyway, not bad bikes for a beginner.

Realistically, I'll be getting a Ninja 500R, but I can gather info, just in case!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts