Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 MotoGP entry list has been released though Provisional:

We have Ducati entering MotoGP in 2003 with Marlboro sponsorship that left the Yamaha team at the end of the 2002 season. And of course Aprilia now with the reigning SBK World Champion Colin Edwards up against rival 2001 SBK World Champion in Troy Bayliss on the Marlboro Ducati. Marco Melandri stepping up from the quarter litre class as the current 250cc World Champion racing McCoy and Pitt on the new Ninja Kawasaki.

2 Max Biaggi ITA (Honda) Honda Pons
4 Alex Barros BRA (Yamaha) Gauloises Yamaha Tech 3
6 Makoto Tamada JPN (Honda) Pramac Honda
7 Carlos Checa SPA (Yamaha) Fortuna Yamaha Team
8 Garry McCoy AUS (Kawasaki) Kawasaki Racing Team
9 Nobuatsu Aoki JPN (Proton KR) Proton Team KR
10 Kenny Roberts USA (Suzuki) Suzuki
11 Tohru Ukawa JPN (Honda) Honda Pons
12 Troy Bayliss AUS (Ducati) Marlboro Ducati
15 Sete Gibernau SPA (Honda) Telefonica Movistar Honda Gresini
19 Olivier Jacque FRA (Yamaha) Gauloises Yamaha Tech 3
21 John Hopkins USA (Suzuki) Suzuki
33 Marco Melandri ITA (Yamaha) Fortuna Yamaha Team
41 Noriyuki Haga JPN (Aprilia) Aprilia Grand Prix
45 Colin Edwards USA (Aprilia) Aprilia Grand Prix
46 Valentino Rossi ITA (Honda) Repsol Honda
56 Shinya Nakano JPN (Yamaha) Yamaha D'Antin
65 Loris Capirossi ITA (Ducati) Marlboro Ducati
69 Nicky Hayden USA (Honda) Repsol Honda
74 Daijiro Kato JPN (Honda) Telefonica Movistar Honda Gresini
88 Andrew Pitt AUS (Kawasaki) Kawasaki Racing Team
99 Jeremy McWilliams GBR (Proton KR) Proton Team KR
Tba (Harris WC) WCM
Tba (Harris WC) WCM

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Can't wait to see Colin's RS arse get a good kickin' just to shut those texas loving yanks up...

Come on then, time to put up, my monies on:

1 - Rossi
2 - Barros
3 - Bayliss
4 - Capirossi

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Honda

Untill I see how the Duc runs Id say that a Honda rider will win every round but cant be more specific than that cos Im a muppet:twofinger

Any idea who is riding what in the Superbike's this year ?
Suzuki are running Gixxer 1000's but dont know who is on them.

Incidentally I hear that Suzuki are testing WSB's at Sepang this Sunday, who wants to go and have a look see:drool:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Re: Honda

Tug said:
I don't know the answer but would like to see Chris Walker on one? I reakon he and Dave Jefferies would make good scrabble opponents!!! The farking game would never start...... :twofinger

I think Troy will win a race or two, specially in the wet :cool:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Re: Honda

Tug said:
Untill I see how the Duc runs Id say that a Honda rider will win every round but cant be more specific than that cos Im a muppet:twofinger

Incidentally I hear that Suzuki are testing WSB's at Sepang this Sunday, who wants to go and have a look see:drool:
Try this link...

http://www.worldsbk.com/MainApp/sbkstpage?page=sbk/HomePiloti.htm&categoryId1016816463729369

No 1 ltr Gixxer, but GSXR750 from Alstare Corona Team,..and sadly but true,..no Yamaha....:crying:

Well,..if we know the dates they are doing the testing,..I'll go with ya.....

·
Registered
560 Posts
Re: Re: Honda

Blue Catt said:
It's the two blokes from the Proclaimers isn't it .... you know those twin brothers with the fashionable specs.

NO, I DON'T KNOW !!! :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger

Anyway...,

From "motorcyclenews.com":

""
Rossi tips Ducati for 2003
--------------------------------

2 Jan 2003

MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi predicts Ducati rider Loris Capirossi will be a major threat in 2003.

Capirossi has beaten lap records at Jerez and Phillip Island in testing. On the final day of testing in Australia he recorded a time of 1:32.1, 0.1s inside Rossi’s own lap record, and only 0.2s outside the fastest ever lap of the circuit by Jeremy McWilliams.

Capirossi’s team-mate, Troy Bayliss was only 0.2s behind, and the performances have caught the eye of Rossi, who said, " " The Ducati is fast, this is clear. I don’t know if they will be ready to fight for the championship, but I am sure that Loris will win some races next season, this is for sure. "

Rossi and his rivals will find out just how competitive the Desmosedici is next month when he tests alongside Capirossi and Bayliss at the Sepang circuit in Malaysia on January 20. It will also give Ducati’s engineers a clearer indication of just where they are compared to Honda’s dominant V5. So far they have carried out all their winter tests either on their own or with Aprilia.
""

So who wants to go to Sepang on January 20th ???

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Re: here you go Nils

Chumley said:
Just for you Nils...
You have to remember the proclaimers :)

All time greats like:

An I would walk ten thousand miles and I would walk ten thousand more !

If ye go will ye send back french letters from Ameeeeca !

Another great scotish band, then there was the bay city rollers, and erm............. fark there's not many is there, or at least not many that made it out of scotland (thank ferk!)

·
Registered
726 Posts
How about - Deacon Blue
Del Amitri
Ultravox
Annie Lennox
Gerry Rafferty

I thought you were a true Jock tugsta....

:twofinger :twofinger

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Re: Re: here you go Nils

Tug said:
...Another great scotish band....
Ferk .... I didnee know the Proclaimers and BCR's were from Scotland ....

Brings back memories doesn't it .... but BC .. you got the words wrong .... it was "And ah ai wood wark 500 meal's and ah ai wood wark 500 moor and wee fat man wood wark 500 meals and wark 500 moor .... " etc etc

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I didnt think any of them had made it over the wall

Chumley said:
How about - Deacon Blue
Del Amitri
Ultravox
Annie Lennox
Gerry Rafferty

I thought you were a true Jock tugsta....

You missed Danny Wilsion, Runrig, Eddi Reader, Simple Minds, The Skids, Gun, Altered Images (Clair Grogan:drool: )

·
Registered
726 Posts
Another...

And you missed "Texas" Ya CAHNT!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Re: I didnt think any of them had made it over the wall

Tug said:
(Clair Grogan:drool: )
Any chick with a last name of 'Grogan" ... needs to get married quickly ....

A 'grogan' is a big fat stodgy steak curry infested "No 2" that took 4 days to work it's self through yer bod ... and starts by sending seriously painful signals which seem to originate from yer navel, then gradually work their way down to yer arse hole, at which time the acute and dull throbing pain becomes an acute and sharp pain as the "Grogan" stretches yer arse hole to the limit, then it a shower of red splotches rippers yer little wee botty open in it's effort to escape .... ah lah the movie "Alien: ..:thumb:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:hurl::eek: :hurl: :eek: :hurl: :eek: :hurl: :eek: :hurl:

And we've all had one of those at one time or another ...

All manner of straining and struggling to get it to the midpoint, but once there the worst of its over and you can relax a bit knowing that the hard work's done

Plays havoc with the bomb doors though and I struggle to get hydraulic pressure up to maintain a tight seal after suffering a Grogan.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I like that ...

It's like ....

:) :) :( :( :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :eek: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :rolleyes: :confused: :hurl: :hurl: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :hurl: :crying: :crying: :eek: :D

Me, I hate the painful belly feeling .... like someone is removing my intestines without asking ....

Then, as you are decending onto the throne, "IT" must be able to sense the change in altitude, cause "IT" starts making a bee line for the Exit sign .... but I know this is going to hurt, so I try and rein "IT" back in by squeezing the butt cheeks together....using my hands also if needed, which is a great short term solution, but does nothing to improve the final outcome ..... if anything it just extends the drama ...

Actually, I have a theory that such behavious turns the otherwise dolphin shaped "Grogan" into a used bullet shape ... you know ... snub nosed .... resulting in significantly more arse ripping potential.

I have find that after such "Grogan" excavations ... it is much much better to 'dab your arse with toilet paper, as opposed to wiping it .... as it hurts less.

Cheers :thumb:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Mmmm...

Intersting stuff Ledge... For those from the UK, I used to call them "Queensways".. after the furniture store

They NEVER have sales, just MASSIVE CLEAROUTS..

Same principle applies in the dabbing/wiping scenario. Isn't cultural diversity magic??

:thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Re: Re: here you go Nils

Tug said:
All time greats like:
An I would walk ten thousand miles and I would walk ten thousand more !
If ye go will ye send back french letters from Ameeeeca !

I have find that after such "Grogan" excavations ... it is much much better to 'dab your arse with toilet paper, as opposed to wiping it .... as it hurts less.
I think we have reached a new low...... :eek:

How about Chambon on a Corona 1000 in SBK!! He'd do Ok, for a froggy. :twofinger

1 - 20 of 20 Posts