Sportbike World banner

What do you think of Moto-Chrome???

• Great product, willing to try!!! Sounds great!!!

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Hell no...I'll just stick with traditional polishing!!!

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.moto-chrome.com/

Okay, if you guys are a serious spender like me, I'm sure you have heard of moto-chrome. If not I have provided a link for you. I really don't know if this topic has been brought up before, but I would just like to add my $.02 on the product. After reading the info on how the product works, it sounds real simple so I bought it for $191.00. What it suppose to do is simply provide a Acid which eats off the anodized coating off the frame, and simply polish to a brillant shine. Simple right...hmm...try again. :finger:

I have had their kit for nearly a month and a half now, and I still cant achieve that brilliant shine as described on their website. I have wet sanded my ass off with 400 grit paper up to 2000 grit. Has anyone else purchased one of these kits and achieved good results? The only real benifit that I see with the kit is the anodizing remover . . .the polish is no better than Mother's. Holla back with tips!!!

:confused:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
If you have sanded to 2000..go get some polishing rouge from The Eastwood Company, they have everything you will need.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Moto-Chrome

Sorry, I have already taken it to get polished by a professional, and she looks great!!! Thanks though...it's unfortunate the $350 I had to spend to get it done, but it was well worth it!!!:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
i loved it!!!!
here is my bike !!:D
i have never polished in my life
and i did the whole bike!!!
you tell me if it works!!!
the stuff was simple!!
they asked me to put my bike on there
sight to show people how a first timer can do it
let me know if anyone is interested in it i can get a hook up on it !! i am in a club and got 3 kits for my friends!
a kit will do your whole bike!!

YOU TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
denerdave22 your bike looks good,i have been polished my frame swingarm and wheel lips.iam starting the smaller parts,i might
try moto-chrome for the rest.

·
Registered
19 Posts
YogiStylez said:
http://www.moto-chrome.com/

Okay, if you guys are a serious spender like me, I'm sure you have heard of moto-chrome. If not I have provided a link for you. I really don't know if this topic has been brought up before, but I would just like to add my $.02 on the product. After reading the info on how the product works, it sounds real simple so I bought it for $191.00. What it suppose to do is simply provide a Acid which eats off the anodized coating off the frame, and simply polish to a brillant shine. Simple right...hmm...try again. :finger:

I have had their kit for nearly a month and a half now, and I still cant achieve that brilliant shine as described on their website. I have wet sanded my ass off with 400 grit paper up to 2000 grit. Has anyone else purchased one of these kits and achieved good results? The only real benifit that I see with the kit is the anodizing remover . . .the polish is no better than Mother's. Holla back with tips!!!

:confused:
thats upsetting. Id be pissed

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Anything that easy is a con job.

Reminds me of when I came back from a road race my main partner had this "special" bike I was to work on.

In '49 even spray cans of paint were not avaliable, but this kid had bought a "used" 350cc OHV Royal Enfield from our shop & with a can of silver painted the bike from from to back & top to bottom silver with a paint brush----- must have been drunker then stink.

Polishd alloy primary chaincase, polished alloy side engine cases, chromed handlebars, chromed, gold & black wheel rim, chromed, silver & black petrol tank, front & rear mudguards, complete exhaust system. black cast iron bbl, black frame,black cables, chromed control levers, black rubber foot rests, black saddle, black rubber tyres, carb, & you name it.

When the father had it hauled back & demanded the kids money back for something like $250.00 Ed offered him $25.00.

So it was up to me to salvage what I could for "used" parts, burn a lot to remove the still soft paint & have Curley paint them -------- it was a ruddy nightmare for Ed realized how I disliked chromed parts of m/cs or lousy paint jobs & in his mind this was a joke on me.

·
Registered
866 Posts
hey guys, I'm just wondering why anyone would buy an anodizing stripping kit at all? I understand the whole polished look is hot, but why buy a kit when you can use easy-off oven cleaner and it does the same job?
I used to work at a piantball store when I was younger, all the guns and tanks came anodized so for a custom look we would use the easy-off, wet sand the rough spots from 400 to 1500, then hit it with a polishing wheel with varying compounds. granted the guns aren't very large, but the whole process to do the gun and tank usually took us about 4 hours, and it shined like a mirror.

I would assume the process is the same for a bike frame, perhaps a little easier cause there are less tiny spaces that require rotary tools for polishing. am I correct

1 - 13 of 13 Posts