Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious, what makes you all motivated to do something? Wether it be for yourself or someone else.

For me its all the crap that people have put me through over the years, I think about that stuff and just really get :mad: !

It's work good so far too, I lost 20 pounds in a month, have a little more definition in my upper body, not to mention more stamina :eyebrows:.

So what do you all do to get motivated?

·
Registered
980 Posts
As far as weight I dont really care. Im a bit chubby but definatly not fat. Im about 5'10" and 185 pounds. I figure I might as well enjoy food now instead of starve myself, we are all only going to die anyway. My motivation is being better than everyone. I'm very arrogant and like to have the facts and wit to back it up. As far as education goes. Im doing some self study now and plan to go to college, cause I don't wanna be middle class for the rest of my life. Its all about the benjamins.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Jester said:
I'm curious, what makes you all motivated to do something? Wether it be for yourself or someone else...
All depends on what it is, I suppose.

I enjoy doing nice, unexpected things for people, like giving handmade gifts for no reason. I get a kick out of the joy that they get from it. That's my natural high.

·
Registered
489 Posts
My motivation is definately anyone who's better than I am. Any time I think I've gotten better at something, I find someone who's better than I am... and thats just unacceptable. So I push myself to be better than they are. and then I find someone who's still better, and so on and so forth. Its a neverending journey to better myself in mind, body, and spirit. Maybe it's a military thing, I dunno. I was still kinda like that in highschool though. I go to the gym 5-6 times a week, I already graduated with one degree and am working towards another (although I'm really not enjoying or seeing a point in it). Its like your mom told you when you were a kid... "You can do anything you want .... as long as you want it bad enough". Well, thats what my mom said.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I think of all the people I want to fight, and all the people I don't know if i can beat. So I have to get better at my training to make sure that I will win if the chance ever presents itself.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
I've been thinking about this for a few days. Its so freakin' broad!

Trust, honor and morals reach so deeply they're drivers for a lot of things I do for/with/to others. If I get betrayed, its a bridge burned and motivation to properly respond at a time of my choosing.

As for things I do for others, its mostly about being social and connected (not politically). Spreading person-to-person relationships feels rewarding, for whatever reason.

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
See, I used to be that way. I would always put other peoples needs before my own. Trying to make sure that THEY are happy, and not me. I decided that that was no longer going to be the case. If some is not happy with me, or who I am :finger: I'm me, Take it or leave it and most of......DEAL WITH IT! :twofinger

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Jester said:
See, I used to be that way. I would always put other peoples needs before my own. Trying to make sure that THEY are happy, and not me. I decided that that was no longer going to be the case. If some is not happy with me, or who I am :finger: I'm me, Take it or leave it and most of......DEAL WITH IT! :twofinger
You go girl *snap, snap, snap*

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
What motivates me the most are the screams of the people I keep in a pit in my backyard. :thumb:

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
spicersh said:
What motivates me the most are the screams of the people I keep in a pit in my backyard. :thumb:
Huh, I just assumed they were live cats being skinned by your neighbors :eek:

·
Registered
310 Posts
What motivates me are successful people. The Donald Trumps, Frank Sinatras, Jackie Robinsons, and people like them. Especially people with physical handicaps who have very normal lives. They have been knocked down, stepped on, run over, and have been given up for lost many times in their lives. They have that something in them to shake it off and get back in the fight. In other words, they don't sit around feeling sorry for themselves. So when I feel a case of self pity coming on, I just look at all the challenges others had and have, and try to get positive and go. Having hobbies like motorcycles helps a lot. A sense of purpose helps a whole lot, whatever that may be for each of us.

·
Registered
515 Posts
pressure motivates me really well, goes hand in hand w/ bein' such a procrastinator. aside from that, i'm pretty lazy :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
Lost Nomad said:
pressure motivates me really well, goes hand in hand w/ bein' such a procrastinator. aside from that, i'm pretty lazy :D
I know what you mean. The only time my house gets cleaned is when someone is coming over. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Motivation is not a word I have used. At my age it is a matter of trying to still stay alive & batteling to keep on plugging along. Like I am at the gym 3 days a week just to keep things sort of functioning or tuning up my muscles & limbs plus what my heart needs.

Still I will go out of my way to take on jobs where others would not like in the executive position of some organization, use to teach people things like skiing, wrestling, mountaineering & such.

I am down to still runing the gun club as the h/gun director-instructor & will to set up a reloading press for someone new & show them how to operate it, make some dummy loads for them & advise on loads & such.

Plus many of us are willing to put our time to try & advise others. Though when it comes to buying a digital camera so I can show others on this or other m/c boards this are that does not interest me. Still as a free lance photographer with 35mm cameras I did a lot of shooting of events, sports I did not Mtns I climbed to m/cs I tested for m/c mags or covering events for the mag are things of the past. No pay for the above

Do not give up everything Jester for you are not 75 yrs of age yet & so much you can still do for others like I did in my past along with being a Certified Amateur Wrestling Coach (12 yrs from '59 to 60 & again '66 to '76 telling you I was in my 40s to my 50s) & churning out the best B.C. Inteior Wrestlers they had ever seen for just $25.00 a YEAR yet it cost me $350.00 to $400.00 each year to train & stay as a certified coach & no that $25.00 is not an error YET I was a farmer that was loosing money in the business. It was for the love of the sport & was also the secretary/treasurer for the Summerland Local of thw B.C. Fruit Growers Assoc & also the Secretary of the Southern Local of the BCFGA & these two were not unions, as farmers are not unions but simply keeping things togeather & organized while pay was nil.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Vagina.

Let's cut to the chase. It's all about the sweet sweet pu-tang.

·
Registered
515 Posts
phatkidwit1eye said:
Vagina.

Let's cut to the chase. It's all about the sweet sweet pu-tang.
:laughing: I concur, as I said before, I'm not really big on self-motivation, but women have a way of motivating me to go above and beyond. then again, they're almost always the cause of all my woes.:D

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Guess I have been a sort of busy person for most of my life I held two jobs plus sports & who knows what else. Sort of been my way life & now I have been sort of winding down.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts