• Other

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that a Suzuki GSX-R's are the most true racing bikes. i just want to see what other riders think.

·
Registered
134 Posts
OTHER!

if they wanted to make GP racing more interesting they should have made 750cc 2-strokes

A real racer should have the character of a 2-stroke.

But 2-strokes are bad for the environment, developement has come to a stand still... They changed the rules so that developement could move forward not so that racing would be better...

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
the only real racebike that john q. public can buy are the tz's and rs's. the problem is fatties like me don't fit well on the 250's and weigh more than the 125's.

but if you're only including streetbikes (which the tz and rs are not), i'd have to say the aprilia mille r. good suspension. nice power. the weight can be brought down. solid foundation.

the best wanna-be racer is the ducati 748/916/996/998 family. they feel like a racebike. questionable durabilty and the foot levers are very questionable to me.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I voted Ducati... Anything that uncomfortable was not designed for street use! :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
A true racer

FZR400Tony said:
but if you're only including streetbikes (which the tz and rs are not)
I know they're not street legal there but they are over here. There's a 500cc 2-stroke honda which is available here (race use only) Its a shame that thing's not road legal too.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Re: A true racer

Billy2stroke said:

I know they're not street legal there but they are over here. There's a 500cc 2-stroke honda which is available here (race use only) Its a shame that thing's not road legal too.
there's a couple of nsr500v's in the states. fortunately, i don't have to race against them. you should check out the tul-aris story on roadracingworld.com.

polaris 700+cc snowmobile motor, ducati trans, and a VERY light chassis.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I put my vote in for other. I think the aprilia RS250 pretty much takes the road racer cake. A Noisy smelly 2 stroke motor with torture rack ergos. Not to mention the fact that it weighs about as much as a bicycle.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I voted Ducati by looking from a crew standpoint. The Ducati is physically closer to a race bike than any of the others. If you have ever seen a Ducati Superbike up close then look at the street version then you quickly realize that the bike is built with racing first and foremost, meaning it is easier to work on and maint. is considered when designing placment of components. There are very few items on the bike that aren't truely necessary(not too many bells and whistles). Still overpriced pieces of shit though. :D

If you are looking for the best bike to use in club racing and want minimal expense in doing so then without a doubt it is the GSXR line. Nothing can currently touch those bikes on the track in stock form(race prepped of course ;) ).

·
Registered
3 Posts
:cool: Personally I prefer the Suzuki having raced them for 10 years professionally. As for the Ducati, very mean bike and well made all around. But I still give a slight edge to the GSX-R.

·
Registered
48 Posts
RCjohn said:
I voted Ducati by looking from a crew standpoint. The Ducati is physically closer to a race bike than any of the others. If you have ever seen a Ducati Superbike up close then look at the street version then you quickly realize that the bike is built with racing first and foremost, meaning it is easier to work on and maint. is considered when designing placment of components.

RCjohn
I'm fairly new to the sportbikeworld forums, but I've read a few of your posts. Thought you were Anti-Ducati? :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts