Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure everyone has had some not so hot moments when you are almost intentionally trying to look good. Pinning the throttle after accidentally upshifting into neutral or something like that.

Mine would have to be rolling up to my old apartment with my woman on back. Was going about 5 miles an hour on my old FZR 600 and had to make a tight turn. Tight turns+slow speeds+ poor turning radius = trouble. There were probably 10 college age guys out there that watched me roll in. I had a nice new paint job and Tape Works kit on it and I could tell that they were intrigued. Dumped it right over as both of us bailed off the bike. No real damage to anything but my pride. Of course I made sure to twist the throttle real hard (in neutral) upon ditching it so that the Yoshi exhaust got everyone's attention that hadn't already seen my mistake.

-Kemosabe

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dude that is bad. I thought dropping my brand new helmet and scratching the living shit out of the chrome visor just because i thought I could pick up the rear end without disturbing the helmet which was on my mirror.

Here is what sucks. My riding buddy buys a new to him 46" TV and as we enter his front door it drops and the back fall off. We thought it was shot but that damn Sony kicked on and is still working. Thank God it wasn't my side.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ok this goes back a few years, ok a lot of years. Back when life was less complicated ,young living at home at mom's house. Our house was the teen hang out (cool Mom) pool table,sterio,play room in the basement,big garage to park and wrench on our bikes,man all the fun we had there. Ok now the moment you been waiting to here. Comming home to the hang out one summer eve on the bike of coarse (back then it was a Honda CB500 Twin) with 4 ridin buddies in tow, I came down the hill and hit the front lawn where we always parked the bikes,locked up the rear wheel slid in side ways stoping ,hiting the kill switch,droping the side stand all at once real cool right? Did it hundreds of times. not this time oh noo , I over shot my mark hitting the low decritive stone wall hi sided right into mom's rose garden man I was pulling thorns out of my but for a week. All my pals still laugh at me 30 years later?:crying: :(

·
Registered
714 Posts
Leaving a country park with a new girlfriend on the back of my bike, I came up behind some mates in a car. As it was a single, one-way exit road, I thought it would be really cool to overtake them on the grass. As soon as I got both wheels onto the wet grass, whuup ! down she goes. My girlfriend casually steps off as I slide along on my side. My mates nearly took fits they were laughing so hard. They didn't even help me pick the bike up. Bastards !!:twofinger Was my girl impressed ? She took a ride home in the car. :crying:

·
Registered
405 Posts
The place: Daytona Beach during spring break
The year: 1990
I was being really cool riding on the beach and tried to do a u turn and dropped it. As everyone who has been there knows that people are lined up for miles hanging out by their cars so tons of people saw me. There was a group of guys that laughed their asses off at me as I picked my bike up and rode away. The rest off the day was great though cause I picked up tons of girls on the bike and paraded them by the group of guys who were always by themselves.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thought I'd show out in front of some new guys a couple of years ago by pulling up to this guy on a Katana 750 at redlight who none of us knew and reving up the motor (At the time I was on a 96 ZX-7R). The Katana dude reved back and flipped his visor down as to signal he was up for it. The light turned green and I killed it....Katana boy shot off the line like Matt Hines on a drag bike and left me sitting there in his dust with my bike stalled while some 80 year old woman honks at me from behind to get me to go. :rolleyes: :eek: :crying:

That was back in my squid days of course. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sturgis 50th, traffics slow, I'm stopped on int. 90 exit, bikes would move forward than stop, it was down hill so I just rolled ahead when it was time and let the bike fall to side the stand. Was talking with freinds beside me not paying attention to what was going on. Was about the 3rd time we went forward I let the bike go to side stand it wasn't there. With the bike at the time, the side stand would go up if the clutch lever was pulled, must have pulled it. Before I knew it bike was on it's side, and me on the ground. only pride damaged. Many laughs and "what the hells" from the surrounding bikes.

·
Registered
702 Posts
About 3 months ago I started getting the bright idea to ride down to Savannah, GA (Roebling Raceway) on Sundays to watch the Bike races / Car Races. This pretty cool and lots of fun since I got to be a corner worker the 2 times I went. Ya'll understand why I didn't go back to Savannah in a minute LOL

The 2nd time I decided to invite my friends from Charleston to come with me. We ended up with 6 guys including myself. We were late getting the the track, so they didn't let us in to be corner workers. So we decided to head into Savannah to grab a bite to eat. For those of you familiar with Savannah, I'm not sure what HWY we took to get there, but I know we were really close to this big Suspension Bridge. Well, there's an area near there that I would call a Market. All kinds of shops, stores, palces to eat and LOTS of people. On this particular day there were a lot local Sport bike guys down there. Oh and there's this oval turn around on one end with parking all around it.

So my friends pull in there and we look for a place to park. Well I followed them around and they pulled into this Spot where the curb was Yellow, and I said no way. So I backed up and shot back aorund the circle again. Well I went and pulled into this Parallel parking spot. You know how you can shoot in and pull out a little bit and then back right in? And it looks "cool" if you do it right! LMAO So here I come, loud pipe and all flying into this spot. Well when I pulled out I grabbed a bunch brake to stand up the rear a little and stop real quick. When I did that, I didn't see the 6 foot strip of sand on the concrete, becasue i blended right in. So, the bike went to the Left and I went to the right LOL. It fell on top of my foot which was pointing straight down and pretty much held me there until I started screaming at people to get over and give me freaking hand LMAO These 2 nice guys came over and helped me up. My friends I was with didn't see it, my bike was ok, everyone in that area saw it, and my big toe still hurts like a MFer when I stub it. Soon there after, this guy on a sweet Custom Painted Busa pulled up and took the attention off of me :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got really good at doing rolling burnouts. Well a couple of friends and myself decide to run down to wall mart real quick to meet a another friend who was just getting off work. We meet up and as we leave there is a group of hot chicks obviously staring at us so what do I do, I start this killer rolling burnout. Somehow, I'll never know why, my rear tire grabs and launches the bike sideways like a rocket with me sliding behind it. The girls stare in horror than start busting up. To top it all off I go to hop on my bike and take off real quick and the thing won't start right away, it just cranks over for about five minutes before finally firing up. Talk about feeling like a total idiot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts