Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so far i havent had one, lets hear your most embarassing fall...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ichiro said:
Schadenfreude is not nice.
:laughing: i just wanna hear some funny stories, i dont get pleasure from others injuries.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Most will admit their own accident rather then asking others to tell their tales of woe.

Some will not even admit to having dropped their bike. It is sort of personal & asking others what they do in their bedrooms is -------well a bit out of line.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Picking up my first bike... rode it down the drive way and got off to push, then realized it was easier if I was sitting on it. Went to throw my leg over it, but not being used to how high to lift my leg, I just kicked it right over. Keep in mind this is on a pretty narrow street infront of the guys house I just bought it from. Needless to say I learned wether or not I could pick my bike up real quick.:squid:

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Pick one of two.

My first crash - I was pulling out or into a Taco Bell parking lot in front of my fellow classmates. I hit some gravel and it caused a slide. Down I went.

One of the others - I was pulling into my driveway and suddenly I was lying next to my bike. Again, gravel. My neighbor asked if I was alright, I was still laughing.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I can't believe it actually took a second to remember this one....

My first track day on the sv650 race bike I bought this year

Steering damper limits bar rotation lock to lock to maybe half of the stock amount. Fine at speed but at slow speeds you can run out of steering input real easy.

Pull into the pits and try to do a quick 90 degree turn at my pit..... at maybe 8 mph.........

You can see whats coming right.........

Full leathers, just had my knee on the ground at 100+ mph, at least 20 people within 50 feet to see it, bad ass racer wanna be....dumps on pit row at walking speed............

All I could so was laugh histerically to cover my intense embarrassment.

Oh well

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got my first bike and went out riding. Stopped to smoke a cigarette. Put the kickstand down and went to grab my cigarettes. Didn't notice that the road was on an angle. Bike fell right over, no damage (thank god...It is embarrassing enough to tell this one).

Second time was going to make a left at like 2 in the morning, waited for 2 cars to pass, went to go and at the last minute something caught my eye, a car was flyng down the street with no headlights. Needless to say, it was the bike or me. The bike went down and I stayed alive. Clutch lever and Shifter was all that was damaged. Not a scratch on it. But I realized that I can pick up a GSXR 600 when I'm mad enough (I weigh 107 pounds). Especially when I heard the old familiar police sirens.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I haven't gone down yet but I have been witness to a few friends going down. When in high school one of my friends thought it would be cool to show off in front of the cheerleading squad. Unfortunatly he didn't see the gravel and over he went. It's been quite a few years since that happened but I reminind him of it every once in a while.

About a week later the same guy was at the local gas station to get a six pack of pop. When he was heading out one of the high school teachers started to back out and knocked him over with his six pack which promptly exploded all over him.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I have not had an embarassing one, but one of my buddies had a top notch embarassing moment.

He bought a Katana and went to test ride it, before putting it in the back of his truck. He is pulling up to the store front and some how managed to hit the throttle and jump it through the window and on to the showroom floor. Just minor paint damage $300 window, and balls busted for months at work!!!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
On one of the warmer days in February, I felt that snow had melted enough off the streets, and yielded to my itch to go riding. Pulled out of my driveway, and realized that the residential street in my neighborhood still had some slushy spots. I hit the front brake to slow down on the slush patch, and my bike immediately went down on its side. Right in front of my chopper-riding neighbor's house. Good thing he wasn't outside to see, because THAT would be embarrassing.

With adrenaling rushing, I hardly noticed the weight of my near 400lb bike. Picked it right up, continued s-l-o-w-l-y to the main street until there was no snow in sight.

Observation: the bike can fall down in a blink of an eye at walking speed.

Conclusion: crashing at highway speeds probably happens even faster.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts