Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Peoples....I need your help...What is the most comfy 6? Now, I do realize that this is a subjective question, but your opinions would be greatly appreciated...I am about 5'10", 200lbs....I am looking at the R6, F4i, ZX-6R and Gixxer 6....Opinions please...:(

Attachments

·
Registered
766 Posts
Well, the obvious answer is sit on them all and see what fits you best. Now that that is out of the way I'll give an opinion. From most comfortable to least comfortable; ZX6R, F4i, R6, GSXR600.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Birdman said:
Well, the obvious answer is sit on them all and see what fits you best.

I'll give another opinion. From most comfortable to least comfortable: ZX6R, R6, GSXR600, F4i.

Also, if you have any friends with these bikes, maybe try to take them around the block. Each mfg. has quirks that you might love or hate.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Birdman said:
Well, the obvious answer is sit on them all and see what fits you best. Now that that is out of the way I'll give an opinion. From most comfortable to least comfortable; ZX6R, F4i, R6, GSXR600.
I would also rank em like this:D

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
[But, if you aren't going to be riding for hours and hours every day, I would consider buying the best 600 in its class: the R6.

The Best:confused: :confused: :confused:

That depends on WHO ya talk to, or what Mags ya read, and who their Biggest Advertizer is:D :D

Although all bikes are good..I think the BEST, has to be designated as such by it's owner, as being the best for that person, and how it's riden...just mho;)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Amber6 said:
Well, if you're only concerned with being comfortable, the mags all say that the Kawi is the comfiest. (granted, that's practically the only nice thing they say about it).

But, if you aren't going to be riding for hours and hours every day, I would consider buying the best 600 in its class: the R6.

I beg to differ there Miss.

SR ranked the ZX6R as 2nd only to the R6 because of a minor suspension tweaking the bike needs. They described the 6R as being "a suspension calibration away from being number one". Cycle World ranked the ZX6R as best 600 in 2000. These were in 2000 of course. I don't think SR tested the 6R against the new GSXR600 & F4i. And I don't think Cycle World has done a 600 test since either. But everyone agrees the GSXR & F4i are uncomfortable. The Gixxer due to its riding position. The F4i due to its seat.

I agree that the R6 is best for the track and/or aggressive twisty road riding. But the ZX6R is best for overall street riding and long distance comfort, yet gives up only a little to the R6's stellar track performance.

But what do I know......I've never ridden any of the above bikes!! :D

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
I beg to differ
But what do I know......I've never ridden any of the above bikes!! :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Me either:D Me either:( but I know from experience that the Gixxer's the best, cause I own one:D :D :D
Sorry Amber:D

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Hey, it's not like I expected people to say, "Okay, since Amber says her bike is the best, we'll believe her and we'll assume our bikes are not as good." LOL! :D

Hey....ya never know, I'm sure there are people on this board, that would welcome your words of wizdom ;)

We all think our bikes/brands are the best!! (I just happen to be the only one who is right ;) :D ) [/B][/QUOTE]

LOL....Right:D

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Amber6 said:
Oh, there are plenty who LIVE for my "words of wisdom." ;) ;)

Some day I will have my own army of "Amber followers." (although they will probably all be young children with impressionable minds......but, it's still an Army, right?!?!) :D :D :D [/B][/QUOTE]

If you say so:D :D

Just how old would these children be ? don't want them too young, then ya'd have to be changing their dipers(sp) YUK:eek:

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
the best 600

Actually Andrew Pitt won the Supersport championship without wining in a race this year (or last year). This shows that the ZX6 is the best all roundbike but still the best 600 is ........Amber's!!! ;)
Aris
Here s the Supersport champion:

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Birdman said:
I completely agree with this order. I have an F4i and was worried about the seat being uncomfortable, but now that I have one I don't think it is at all. I like the riding postion of the F4i and the looks, if the seat should begin to bother me then there is always a Corbin. I rode over 500 miles this past weekend and thought the bike was very comfortable. Good luck, and sitting on them really is the best way to tell.:D

Dave

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Rogue_Biker said:
But what do I know......I've never ridden any of the above bikes!! :D
I have ridden each of these bikes, y2k versions both, brand new. The kawi was more comfortable from a daily driver standpoint, but even my husband who owned the kawi admitted that the R6 was just slightly more fine-tuned than his own bike. Would you notice any of this if you didn't do a back to back ride/comparo? Probably not. If you find the Yamaha uncomfortable for whatever reason, then it doesn't matter how fine-tuned it is.

·
Registered
279 Posts
poor, poor, Amber. What drugs do those guys at the psych ward have you on. what she meant to say was "The ZX-6R is the most comfortable, most attractive, bestest bike i've seen leave my R6 in a cloud of burnt rubber."

sometimes she just doesn't express herself accurately:p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts