(Squid style)

How many quarts of oil do Harley's go through a year ? :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Hardly-Do-Runs

katana600 said:
Are asking parked in the garage or tottering down the road??:D;)
Jim
Does it matter ! :D :D

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hardly-Do-It-Run's

Okay.......I think I got it........1 quart a week equals four quarts a month times 12 months a year equals: 643.9 quarts a year.
Further more at a buck three eighty a quart......lessseee...that equals....ummmmm...$1585.78 a year in oil!!!!!:D
Well,at least I'm in the ball park!!:p:rolleyes:
Jim:):)

·
Registered
440 Posts
This is a trick question. We need more data before we can answer it, as there are too many unknown variables.

A) Are you asking how much oil the engine burns, how much it drips, or the total of both?

B) Does this total include oil drained and replaced while tearing down the engine for rebuilds?

C) Should we prorate the downtime to adjust the annual mileage?

D) Is this Harley ridden by a white-collar poser who only takes it to rallies (usually on a trailer until he gets to the nearest hotel), or by the more stereotypical Harley bad boy who takes it to Johnny's Bar & Grill every Friday so he can park it out front while he shoots pool inside?

Gives us some more information and we'll get back with some answers.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Fire!!!

Photobug:

Speaking Of Johnny's Bar and Grill....there was a huge grease fire there last weekend,but,they put it out when they poured water on the Harley riders hair!!:D(j/k)
Jim

·
Registered
296 Posts
ooops

Hey Katana600, I think your math is off. There are 52 weeks in a year. THat's 52 Quarts a year. However, I think you were closer to the correct mark with incorrect math! ;);):D:D

A Harley with no oil leak is a Harley with no oil....

·
Registered
173 Posts
One quart how much milleage do you think their is between their house and the nearest bar and back to the house. they may only ride 10-20 miles a weekend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts