Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the 2001 929 today in the new colors excluding the Erion Scheme and I must say Im very disappointed.

Actually, the red/black is nice looking, but thats a bad luck color combo with me since I crashed my Red/blk F4. :D

But Honestly, the new Black with 'yellow' for 2001 is YUCK! that yellow has to go! it would be so nice with the regular pearl yellow like on the 98 and 99 900RR but that glowing yellow is bad.

So, If I end up getting a 929 I guess I have to pay extra for the Erion Scheme. :(

S

·
0 Posts
Ya I hear you on that yellow/black scheme.. But the other two I really like.. The red/black looks like the F4

·
Registered
468 Posts
Buy a Fireblade from Canada. The schemes are also not as nice for 2001 as they were for 2000, though. If I were you, I would get myself a good deal on a leftover 2000 'Blade, and import it into the States. They are nicer looking than anything offered in the States (short of the Erion version), and you will be the only person in town with a 'Blade.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yellow Is'nt yellow anymore....

RCjohn said:
I like the new yellow and black. I wouldn't buy it but I do like it on other bikes. ;) It just wouldn't match my leathers. :rolleyes:

John, I LOVE yellow and black together. My 900 IS yellow and black, but you gotta see this 'New Honda Yellow', its Nasty!

Im thinking the Erion scheme is looking really good, Even for a grand more. If you figure in how much a custom paint job would cost and consider that repainting a bike Lowers the value regardless of how nice it is, the Erion Scheme might not be to bad of a plan eh?? (Just thinking out loud) :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
That sucks... I will take it with a grain of salt because everyone is different, but I wanted the black/yellow.... The website says that it's supposed to be the pearl yellow so I thought it would be the superhawk/VFR yellow. Dam that really sucks...

Well maybe I'll try the Blackbird after all? :)

Ian

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Re: Yellow Is'nt yellow anymore....

riverrunner_2000 said:
RCjohn said:
I like the new yellow and black. I wouldn't buy it but I do like it on other bikes. ;) It just wouldn't match my leathers. :rolleyes:

John, I LOVE yellow and black together. My 900 IS yellow and black, but you gotta see this 'New Honda Yellow', its Nasty!

Im thinking the Erion scheme is looking really good, Even for a grand more. If you figure in how much a custom paint job would cost and consider that repainting a bike Lowers the value regardless of how nice it is, the Erion Scheme might not be to bad of a plan eh?? (Just thinking out loud) :)
I have seen it. I was the one who started the original '01 929RR thread commenting on the new schemes. I like the new yellow better. Maybe it's not the shade of yellow as much as the amount of yellow on the new one.

BTW, If you buy the Poser Kurtis Roberts paint scheme you will be required to safety wire the bike. Some new DOT Poser law I think. :rolleyes::D:p

P

·
0 Posts
CBR Brutha said:
Did they remove the swingarm brace, or did it not ever have one? I could've sworn that it did? Anyone, anyone,...?
Nick, it's the same swingarm as the '00, it's just braced on the left side in the conventional sense, and on the right side it's solid beef.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts