Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
know its prbably been posted, sorry if it bothers anyone im asking it again, what are some neccesary 'mods' if im going to start stunting? crash cage i know for sure, but any others?

thanks.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The only mandatory thing is a bike all else is optional. Good gear should come first, then a cage. after that a steering damper is key to long endos. gearing and handbrake are good, once youve learned the basics. an oil pickup is needed for alot of bikes. all the mods in the world wont help if youre afraid to lay down your bike, I recomend a beater with a cage and some good gear, thats the fastest way to progress, not being afraid to fail learning. Good luck!

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you are going to be stunting a Suzuki an oil pickup should be one of your first mods. From what I have seen the suzukis are easily starved for oil when stunting with the stock oil pickup. Definately pick up some good gear to keep yourself safe. The rest really depend on what you are going to do with the bike. If the bike is a dedicated stunter you could go all out and do the cage, a bar, gearing, etc. However, if you still need to ride the bike on the street you will definately need to take that into consideration. If you ride twisties a cage wouldn't be very good idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts