Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to replace the head gasket on my bike.
I've got it all back together now and haven't been able to get it started. I've got the battery charging now so I don't run it down too much. It cranks over fine and it seems to be getting fuel to the carbs ok.
If any of you like to work on bikes and wouldn't mind coming over this weekend I'd be willing to pay for your help. I'm in west Phoenix and the bike is an older Ninja.
An aquaintance of mine that works as a motorcycle mechanic was supposed to assist me with this project but he's been MIA all week. I need this thing running by Monday night at the latest.

·
Registered
230 Posts
a few simple checks

Ok, I might not be able to come over right now but heres a few pointers. An engine acts like a huge air pump (whorehouse therory) SUCK, SQUEEZE, BANG, AND BLOW. Or INTAKE,COMPRESSION,IGNITION,and EXHAUST. Develop a problem with any of these and presto your engine won't start or run. If its cranking over nice and fast and it's getting fuel then cross those two off. Remaining problems could be but not limited to Weak or no spark, Weak or no compression, Improper ignition timing, improper valve lash *highly unlikely*, worn or fouled plugs, or maybe its not pulling the fuel from the carbs into the cylinders. This works on pressure differences so getting fuel to the carbs is only half the battle.

To be honest there could be lots of reasons why your bike isn't working, but I can't really be specfic without seeing it first hand. Check over these simple things and maybe you'll find your problem. If all the simple checks fail its possible you have the cams in wrong *improper valve timing*. If all else fails I'm in north phoenix on 31st ave. I'm always looking for side work so maybe I can help you out if needed. If all else fails give me a ring at my place (623)594-3304. Good luck to yas......

P.S. Excuse any typos its 5:15 am.

·
Registered
199 Posts
bike shop

i have a shop in mesa called NON STOCK CYCLES. where do you live? i can pick it up if ya need. the cost on a job like your's shouldn't be bad because the bike ran befor the head job. it shouldn't take long to fix at all. call me if ya need me 480-813-6633

·
Registered
230 Posts
HEY, drop me a line and let me know how that job came out. I'm assuming it went good scince I haven't heard any news. Later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts