Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
both take 660 cc of liquid and/or air in a single cylinder. :)

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Both designed by Seymour Powell :)

The original design was to use aircraft tech bonding materials (like used on the Benelli Tornado now, and the Suzuki DR350 swingarm 10 years ago!)) to join the loop frame to the swingarm plate, but MuZ didn't go that way and welded it.
The original prototype was a completely different story than the final product :(

At least it looks good, which can't be said for another bike designed by someone famous for designing kettles ;)

Do you know who I mean, and which bike he designed?

Aris

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aris is, of course, correct :D

The design team of Richard Seymour and Dick Powell got the Muz contract not long after winning awards for their Tefal kettle and toaster designs.

They did pretty well with the Muz picking up the Silver Award from the Designers and Art Directors Association (London), International Design Award (New York) and a BBC Design award in 1993.

http://www.apple.com/applemasters/spowell/

:)

ps : Another kettle designer ? Im gonna start googling Russell Hobbs now :D

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
titomike said:

ps : Another kettle designer ? Im gonna start googling Russell Hobbs now :D
I don't know Russell Hobbs, the guy I meant is very famous for designing various things like tables, armchairs, stationery, bathroom accesories, kitchen stuff, radios and TVs etc, and a motorcycle that actually looks a bit like a kettle :D

Aris

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
OK since nobody looked into this, I will give the answer.
It's the Aprilia Moto 6.5 designed by Philip Starck.
If you look at it, it looks a bit like a kitchen appliance, doesn't it?

Aris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts