Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Great one more thing the cops can eventually get their hands on that they can turn around and needlessly use on Civilians.

:finger:

Yes.. Yes.. I know it's a Military weapon... for now.
Well,.....
I'm glad I'm not the only government/corporate Dytopian future believer here.

:D

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
I say screw the Non-Lethal bs..
This has been on development for 10is years.
Microwave blaster....turn the sucker up and ROAST sum terrorists already.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
free men are dangerous...no telling what they might do...the only way to control us is eliminate freedom...they do it a little more every day...

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
Wow. That is incredible...it's only a matter of time before we create one from outerspace. And the RFID tags that each citizen will have, when they speed this bolt of lighting comes down and zaps your ass. lol

Cool, but scary at the same time...they are just waiting for the right time in the world to mass produce these things and enter it into the world market place.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
WTF? Do you honestly think that cop cars will come with that thing mounted on their roofs? Why all the paranoia of non lethal weapons? Seems to me, like it beats getting shot.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WTF? Do you honestly think that cop cars will come with that thing mounted on their roofs? Why all the paranoia of non lethal weapons? Seems to me, like it beats getting shot.
i gotta be honest, i side with Vash on this one - wanna get shot or frozen? what do you paranoid guys think, they're gonna start shooting people for rolling stop signs??? :laughing:

·
Registered
443 Posts
i gotta be honest, i side with Vash on this one - wanna get shot or frozen? what do you paranoid guys think, they're gonna start shooting people for rolling stop signs??? :laughing:

No sir... for rolling a stop you get a nice little ticket from the Warren Police Department and those very nice officers that like to make overtime by going to court ... you can ask Jen636. :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Hell even if cops start microwaving people for spitting on sidewalks or some such, what happened to the "guns dont kill people" argument?

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
No sir... for rolling a stop you get a nice little ticket from the Warren Police Department and those very nice officers that like to make overtime by going to court ... you can ask Jen636. :rolleyes: :D

Orealy..........:D

I can picture that at court.

"Dammit judge, I pay taxes and support jobs as a small business owner in the city next door to this one. You should wave my ticket"
:D snicker, snicker.....:hello:;)

·
Registered
2,890 Posts

As a matter of fact... yes.

and it surprises me that vash is taking the stance he is. He is the one that posted the video of the woman being tased for taking too long getting her license for the officer. Tasers are getting so far out of hand that people are actually dying from being tased now. Honestly, if this were compact enough to mount to a cruiser and given to the police, do you really think it would be any different than tasers are now? I forsee MANY people getting nailed with these things for equally as stupid things. It will slowly start replacing the verbal commands while trying to move people who are loitering... one thing will lead to another and people will end up with severe skin cancer caused by trigger-happy cops.

You can quote me on that. This is not a paranoid conspiracy theory. Cops have already proven they cannot handle non-lethal and less-lethal weapons responsibly. It is only a matter of time.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Honestly,
I think it's an awesome weapon that CAN......... be used lethal wise or non- lethal wise.
I think it will save lives of our infantry, and will be developed into further usefull weapons in the distant future.

I also see his Dystopian view of possibilities.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
To be honest, I do not like the military inventing and using non-lethal forms of weaponry.

That is not their job.
Go out there and kill people, as many as you can with one pull of the trigger. Horrible and violent distruction of armies is what people in wartime understand. Anything less and people do not take you seriously.

As we are fighting more urban battles these days, if they like ray gun technologies, then they need a ray that will destroy a swath of buildings as it passes by, exposing the people inside and removing hiding places.

Being kind and humanitarian does not work to any large degree.

And before people get all upset, I am not referring to nukes here. Nukes should be a last resort kind of thing, if possible. But nukes should not be removed from the table ever.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
As a matter of fact... yes.

and it surprises me that vash is taking the stance he is. He is the one that posted the video of the woman being tased for taking too long getting her license for the officer. Tasers are getting so far out of hand that people are actually dying from being tased now. Honestly, if this were compact enough to mount to a cruiser and given to the police, do you really think it would be any different than tasers are now? I forsee MANY people getting nailed with these things for equally as stupid things. It will slowly start replacing the verbal commands while trying to move people who are loitering... one thing will lead to another and people will end up with severe skin cancer caused by trigger-happy cops.

You can quote me on that. This is not a paranoid conspiracy theory. Cops have already proven they cannot handle non-lethal and less-lethal weapons responsibly. It is only a matter of time.

Sure, I'm among the first to cry foul when a cop abuses his taser. But its not the TASERS fault! Its cops either not following proper procedure, or not having proper procedure, or me and them disagreeing on what is proper procedure. Otherwise a taser is a valuable tool, that cops should certainly carry. They just shouldnt use it at the spur of the moment. I bet if using the taser would involve the same ammount of paperwork as discharing a firearm does, things might change
Cmon buddy, I know how pro-gun right you are, so why are you switching sides as soon as weapons become non lethal? I mean, if it was possible to shrink this thing to something pocket size (which it isnt, but whatever), wouldnt it make a great self defense weapon? And if some asshole was to rop a convinience store, I would much rather him use one of those things than a smg.

Faster: those days of warfare are gone with precisely because we have nukes. No one fights for real anymore, because everyone knows exactly where such a conflict is headed. We all die, we all loose. Instead we have proxy wars, where we hope that a little bit of violence will convince everyone else to see things our way. The key point here is convince everyone else. We dont want to convince them that we are out to kill everyone, or else they'll try to nuke us first.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Cmon buddy, I know how pro-gun right you are, so why are you switching sides as soon as weapons become non lethal?

Yeah, you do have a good point on that one. My whole issue is not with the idea... it is with knowing that it WILL be abused by those it is given to. That is inevitable, unfortunately.

I mean, if it was possible to shrink this thing to something pocket size (which it isnt, but whatever)

It was only about 25 years ago when computers took up 20' x 20' x 10' rooms, and only did simple equations. They responded the same way to the idea that one day every house would have a computer. Now look at the new Macbook Air. .75" thick, 8.94" long, and 12.8" wide... weighs 3 lbs. It is also nearly 10,000x more powerful.

I once read an article written by a Sci Fi writer who stated that technology is, literally, only limited by the human imagination. For the past 40 years Sci Fi movies have been predicting weapons like this being hand-held. Remember the old "Set Phasers to stun" line? It will happen eventually.

And if some asshole was to rop a convinience store, I would much rather him use one of those things than a smg.

Here is a thought for you on that one. Firearms are lethal, available to anyone with money (Even criminals who obtain them illegally), but the stun guns like what the police use are outrageously expensive and not available to the general public. Do you really foresee ray guns being available to criminals that rob convenience stores?

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
To be honest, I do not like the military inventing and using non-lethal forms of weaponry.

That is not their job.
Go out there and kill people, as many as you can with one pull of the trigger. Horrible and violent distruction of armies is what people in wartime understand. Anything less and people do not take you seriously.

As we are fighting more urban battles these days, if they like ray gun technologies, then they need a ray that will destroy a swath of buildings as it passes by, exposing the people inside and removing hiding places.

Being kind and humanitarian does not work to any large degree.

And before people get all upset, I am not referring to nukes here. Nukes should be a last resort kind of thing, if possible. But nukes should not be removed from the table ever.
I agree on all points.
Just pissing your foe off is a poor choice.
It fosters more anger and allows it to spread to more potential foes, and opinionates the un-opinionated.:2cents:

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
......... I would much rather him use one of those things than a smg.
QUOTE]

Being as its microwaves, It's unfortunate that they wont actually burst into flames, so an smg would still be a more amusing option.:D

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
My way, just an example to get the idea across.

Israel.
I ask people to leave me alone. I get rockets fired into my country by people trying to kill my innocent civilians.

I beg people to leave me alone. I get more rockets (everyday they come) fired into my country by people trying to kill my innocent civilians.

I, without using nukes, destroy 1 square mile of their area. Completely devastating everything. No 2 stones left standing atop one another.

I ask if they understand my message and again, beg them to let me live in peace.

If they fire 1 more rocket into my country, I destroy one half of their country. Absolute obliteration, leveling everthing in that area. Nothing lives.

I ask them again, if they understand that I wish to live in peace, but that I will not accept them killing my innocent citizens.

Same as before. If 1 rocket comes into my country again, I would decimate the remainder of their country. THen, I would move my population into that area and claim it as mine by right of conquest.

The problem is that people return tit for tat. The bad guy gov says they cannot do a thing about the rouge rocket firing people.

I tell them that is ok, not to worry. My guys will take care of them.

If people want to go to war (and who really wants too) then you GO TO WAR!
You do not screw around, spending years picking at each other.

You do the job and then get on with living a peaceful life.

The above scenario applies to all, not just Israel.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts