Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the most miles anyone has put on a bike without the engine breaking down? and on what bike? which bikes are more reliable for miles?

·
Registered
460 Posts
I would have to say any bike that you maintaine normaly should last quite a while. I know some of the riders on the board here that have had there bikes a while are rolling near or over the 100k mark on there bikes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had an '87 Kawasaki 600r with 37,000 and not one prob the whole time I owned it. I think any bike will do well and last a long time, as long as it is loved.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Properly serviced & ridden in a sinsible manner you will probably be tired of the bike's appearance & handeling before you find the engine or cog box failing you.

Some of the regulars have had the same bike for past 10 yrs or more & when you think of it that is often longer then some cage drivers. Though in truth a cage will last longer then a m/c & easier to obtain parts along with them being lower in cost.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Guy in my Club put 254,000 miles on a Concours and then swapped engines. Still rides it. Smitty may know him, he's from BC, has a little MC shop and is fairly well known. Name's Gene Kinzell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts