Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone around here familiar with MIG Exhausts? A friend has the high mount on his R1. I like the look and sound of it. I'm thinking about getting the high mount on my '00 F4. Having a bit of trouble finding info. on it. Would love to see some dyno's or hear about any numbers on the performance gains.

Thanks.

------------------

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The MIG is a pretty cool pipe. Back when I was thinking about getting an R6 they would talk about it all the time on this forum http://www.cyberphilly.com/r6/bbs/index.html It looks better on the R6 than the R1 IMO. It's kind of a small can which looks a bit out of porportion with the R1, never seen one on a F4.

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark

P

·
0 Posts
Tungue, can you speak French? ;) The English version is not up yet but you can look at the pictures - http://www.mig.fr/

I have heard nothing but good things said about MiG pipes. My only problem with their hi-mount pipes as a mod for my VTR is that the mid-pipe routes right up behind the main footpegs, and I ride on the balls of my feet = melted boot. From the pictures, this doesn't seem to be the case with most other bikes.

You can also check with Brian Law at Dynamo Humm, he's a MiG distributor - http://www3.sympatico.ca/rocky.law/dynamo.htm

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Pete, just checked out that site. Man, that pipe looks great on the Superhawk. But, I see what you mean about that mid-pipe--just think how nice it'll be come December :D . Don't they make some kind of plate to put over that part of the pipe so you don't fry your heels?

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately, I don't speak/read French. They do have some nice pictures on there. :D

------------------

P

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RUG BURN:
Don't they make some kind of plate to put over that part of the pipe so you don't fry your heels?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I'm checking into that. The damn thing is SO close, though, that any reduction in clearance created by the addition of a plate will likely KEEP my heel on it (the plate) at all times. Argh!

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
eurobikes.com is the us dist. for mig.

also check out hindle high pipes as well if looking for a full system. they're really high too. www.street-n-comp.com should have hindle pics up.

i doubt a mig high pipe will put out big dyno #'s since the extra pipe helps slightly with mid-range at the expense of top-end (generally speaking).

m4 has high pipes, but not mig high, and they have dyno figures on their page
www.m4exhaust.com

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts