Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have confirmed your hotel stay with either Kacey Kaye or myself, you are locked in with the Redline rooms. So for those of who do not want carry your stuff, get your bags to either Bluto or Myself, as we are driving.

I know there are many people heading down there on Friday. I am thinking there should be two groups to ride down together, an early group and a later one. Many people have PM'ed me asking what is going on. So here it is....

I feel that there should be a group to leave at 11am and one to leave at 7pm.

I am open to organizing this, so post up or PM me your thoughts and/or your ideas. A count would also be good too. That way, when the groups leave, they know how many people they are waiting on.

Any volunteers to lead either of the rides?

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
change in location!!!

i will lead one of the rides
i plan to meet at 10:30am and leave not to soon after.
i am leaving from 21 & vandyke area
Dunkin Dounuts parking lot on northwest corner of 21 mile and VanDyke
Ill be there with coffee in hand! and Kawie will be there trying to figure out how many chocolate dounuts she can strap onto her bike for the ride. LOL

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kuntrykidd said:
Ouch Doc, 7:00pm is kinda late. 11:00 isnt bad. I would prefer to leave no later than 2:00pm. Mabe I'll go with the early crowd. I prefer to not ride at night in case I get behind(the group bmacd).
I thought 7 would be a good time for those who have to work Friday. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
almightys said:
Doc,
when you gonna send me the info on the room?
i'd rather not wait till 10 pm when you get there to check in.
you bikeless whore:twofinger :twofinger
Yeah, yeah...:twofinger

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm heading down Friday as well...what hotel are you guys staying at? I have to get the details from my buddy on which one he reserved for us but I would be interested in riding down with some other folks if anyone is interested. Three hours by yourself can be a bit boring....

I think I'll have to put in an appearance at my office on Friday so catching the 11am crowd might be a bit tight for me....I was thinking something like 1pm or so....I normally just hot foot it down 75 and then acrossed on 30 ot something like that....(go to the pioneer Sugar silos, turn left! :D ) I have some time to kill this time so I may try some other things...looks like I may have to break out Streets and Trips....I wouldn't be afraid of leading a group down is some other folks were interested in this later time...I'll be leaving from the West Side...Novi/Commerce Area....

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm in for sure... i'll be riding down w/ the 11 am crew. My dad and sister are leaving round 6am to get a good camping spot.. i know nobody posted about camping.. but if anyone is interested, still let me know and they have no problem taking ppl's stuff down there if anyone is short on space, or decides to rough it :)

·
Registered
845 Posts
I'm going to meet up with the 11am crew too... so steve, can we hang out at your room until the late crew arrives??

Ken, you going with the 11am crew?

·
Registered
845 Posts
damn my [email protected]#% computer at home :mad: Ive been trying to buy the super ticket alll weekend and my damn computer kept locking up. I can't make purchases from my work computer and there are no more damn super tickets availale :mad: Now what??

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
GixxerChris said:
I'm going to meet up with the 11am crew too... so steve, can we hang out at your room until the late crew arrives??

Ken, you going with the 11am crew?
yes you can but this is my plan. get there to the hotel drop some the packs off and head to the track to watch practice and stuff.
Also find something to eat in that time too.

·
Registered
267 Posts
GixxerChris said:
damn my [email protected]#% computer at home :mad: Ive been trying to buy the super ticket alll weekend and my damn computer kept locking up. I can't make purchases from my work computer and there are no more damn super tickets availale :mad: Now what??
I called on the phone yesterday and got a ticket in no time....it will be waiting at the will call window for me...why didn't you just use the old fashioned phone:dunno:

For those of you meeting at Van Dyke and 21, what is the planned route? I'm getting more and more enticed to meet up with you but I work in Southfield and Live in Commerce so heading East to start my ride would be a bit out of the way......

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Apps said:
I called on the phone yesterday and got a ticket in no time....it will be waiting at the will call window for me...why didn't you just use the old fashioned phone:dunno:

For those of you meeting at Van Dyke and 21, what is the planned route? I'm getting more and more enticed to meet up with you but I work in Southfield and Live in Commerce so heading East to start my ride would be a bit out of the way......
prolly 75 south into Ohio and then turnpike accross

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Apps said:
The turnpike huh? Hmmm......now I've got to start thinking....I'm thinking 75 to 23 to 30...it might be a bit longer though, I haven't had time to check yet.

I found out that I will be at the Country Inn and Suites where is everyone else staying?

http://www.countryinns.com/hoteldirectory/hotelbio.jsp?hotelCode=OHMANSF&key

Justin
yes it is a bit longer and i know that turnpike road is very smooth and not as many trucks (at least once you get outside of Toledo)

·
Registered
845 Posts
Woo Hoo :D I got my Super Ticket over the phone this morning. They told me that they still had some available for over the phone purchases and just none available for internet purchases. For those who don't have tickets yet, they said they should have some available until tomarrow, but you better hurry.

- Apps....yeah I know....old fashioned phone method, but I always forgot to look up the ph#...little did I know it was as simple as 1-800-MidOhio :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GixxerChris said:
Woo Hoo :D I got my Super Ticket over the phone this morning. They told me that they still had some available for over the phone purchases and just none available for internet purchases. For those who don't have tickets yet, they said they should have some available until tomarrow, but you better hurry.

- Apps....yeah I know....old fashioned phone method, but I always forgot to look up the ph#...little did I know it was as simple as 1-800-MidOhio :rolleyes:
Will call Gate 2. Just got mine.:D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts