Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whos using (or have used) the Mich' Pilot Sports on their bike?

What your general impression of the tires in dry and wet weather? What kind of milage did you / are you getting from them?

Thanks for any info :D

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
I just got new ones, replaced 207's with the pilots. I like them, never rode them in the wet. I guess it depends on your skill level, and riding style, I'm not at all that fast, and with the more stout carcas they seem more stable than 207's. never tried Pirelli's, or Metzlers....

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Pilot Sports on a 1999 900SS got @4000 miles per tire (front and back). Great once they warmed up, but slow to do so in my experiance. Worked well in the rain, but I don't ride much in the rain and slow WAY down.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'll be changing my rear tire (Mich. Pilot Sport) within the next day or two. I'll be getting about 8800 miles out of it. I do a lot of commuting on the F4i and I have to say the center portion of the tire held out a lot longer than I thought. I thought I would be lucky to get 6000 miles out of it. I have tons of tread left on the front tire. Also, only 5 or 6 conservative burnouts were performed throughout the life of the tire. With regards to performance . . . there's definitely no complaints. I've ridden in the rain with no problems. I've ridden hard in the twisties with no problems. But unfortunately I don't have experience with other tires to truely compare.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts