Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nathanadams.com/WeSupportU.htm

I spent the weekend in D.C. visiting all the war memorials. While at the WW2 Memorial I stopped an elderly gentlemen who was wearing a Marine Corp Raiders hat. I asked him if he was an original raider and he said yes. I extended my right hand and he passed his cane to some one else and shook my hand while I thanked him. I withdrew my hand and said "Semper Fi, brother" and he then extended his right hand and shook my hand.

While this was going on my father-in-law was behind me and I didn't hear it (Very crowded place) some young women made the comment "I don't know why that guy (me) is makeing a big deal about him (older ww2 vet)". What the fuck is this country coming too? I understand it was hot and the pace was very slow to get though the line to get into the memorials but if you don't respect the men who the memorials are built for, don't fucking go to the memorials!

·
Registered
262 Posts
welcome back Rich. glad to see that you had such a moving weekend. didn't get wet did you? went to the boardwalk yesterday. Harley thang all over again. 2 cbr's in the lot. sucked. Lot's of boys sporting Colors. Trouble on the horizon.. :2cents:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I made about 200 new friends and met the OCC guys. Shook Paul Sr. hand. Got pics and will share once I'm home (cable connection).

We hit only a little bit of rain in Frostburg for about 40 miles. Had a great time and planning my 10th Rolling Thunder ride already. Met some guys I plan to drink a few beers with at a bar called doolies or doodles in Robison Twp. somewhere.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Tea bagger Thank you for saying thanks to that guy. It's nice to see that some people respect what that generation did for their country. It makes me sad to here that anyone would go to a memorial for WWII vets and then cop an attitude like that hot or not that was so completely uncalled for.:mad: Again thank you and I hope you had a good time.
I'm looking forward to seeing it this summer.......

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Squid, I stay with a bunch of Cheeseheads (with upmost respect) down there every year. See my OCC and various pics thread, might be your nieghbors.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Didn't recognize anyone. What Part of WI are they from? Appleton is about 2 hrs north of milwaukee and 20 minutes south of Green Bay. OH yah GO PACK!!!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hahahaha, we had the Steeler vs. Packers conversation. I broke a few hearts when I told them that God was a Steeler fan and we are just in our trail and tribulations period.

They were stretched out accross Wi. They all ride in from Wi in like 3 days.

·
Registered
505 Posts
There are a lot of idiot people out there Bagger,I know I have respect for what they did.My father was a WW2 vet,served in the PTO and his brother ETO( with Patton no less).
I bet she never had a member of the family serve in peace or war,and thus takes freedom for granted.

·
Registered
459 Posts
rich glad you had a nice time. hey chuck (*) (*) i also went to the thunder in the strip on sunday was there from 1 till around 2:30 cant belive I didnt see you .

·
Registered
262 Posts
Roy we came in a little later. We were 1 street over at the Harley thang. By the old Voodoo. Got something to eat at the slow restaurant with the balcony. We got to the thunder deal about 3:30. sorry i missed (*)(*). I did not get your last PM on the gtr board .Remember what we were talking about.

What's up with the W.Va. ride this weekend.

Maybe Roll Call(New Topic)

SRC wed. night Roll Call (New Topic)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts