Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The MSF course is full for now, so I want to practice in a parking lot in the meantime. What do they test you on? Specifically in MD if you know. Also, any other stuff I should practice would be great.

I know the U-turn is one of em. How wide of a room do you get?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey I just got a bike too....where in MD are you located..maybe we can meet up and ride...ill ask a buddy of mine to find out wut tests he just passed his.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Find out where they do the class, and in the parking lot the test will be laid out on the ground.

Get your self a motorcycle study guide from your secretary of state. They have a similar test as the MSF.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TerpsCBR600 said:
Hey I just got a bike too....where in MD are you located..maybe we can meet up and ride...ill ask a buddy of mine to find out wut tests he just passed his.
i'm at umbc. my friend told me what was on the exam...

1) Tight left "U" Turn

2) Upshift to like 2nd or 3rd gear.. at least up to 40mph, and Downshift(So you can stop)... called the Quick Stop. When you are completely STOPPED, your gear should be in 1st gear.

3) Next thing is a sharp right turn, and then off to some cones where you're going to have to swerve the cones w/o hitting them.

4) Lastly, go through a curve at least in 2nd gear. You have to able to keep constant speed w/o going out the curvey lines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts