Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
though you guys and girls could help me out.
found a bike for my wife and want to know if you think it is a good deal. 1995 zx6 10,000clicks real clean, not laid down, needs tires
2700$

thanks for the input
shane y2kR1 the faster blue one

------------------

·
Registered
873 Posts
I think thats a good deal for sure, but honestly i dont feel the ZX6E is a good beginner bike, especially for a female, not becaus ethey are not skilled, but because of the bulk and weight, and handling of the 6E.

I would suggest a Honda F2 or FZR600, if you must have a 600cc machine.

------------------
Fear Oil.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I paid $3700 for my 95 ZX6R with 18,000 miles, laid down during a stoppie gone wrong, needed tires about 2000 miles earlier, bad fork seals, and a few other problems. It's so hard to find bikes around here.

------------------
Dan...Comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hear alot of speak about begginers bikes and so on but honestly its down to the rider,,,, passed my test on an NSR125 and within 6 weeks was riding a tuned Z1000 st '2yrs no drops befor getting a cbx1000 (see photo's) at 5' 9" and a weedy 10 stone,,,, according to some this should not have been possible,,,,NOT....

the real point is can she reach the ground with at least 1 foot flat down, then its just a case of remembering don't park it anywhere youll have to man / woman handle it, and be carefull where you pull up,,,, cambers ,drains etc........

I say good luck and go for it.......................

·
Registered
150 Posts
I agree with Ninja9, as long as she has one foot flat down on the earth, she'll be okay. I first learned on a CB1100F so if she's tall enough (I'm 5'8") she'll be alright. Sounds like a good deal, go for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts