Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made an alteration to the carbies on the weekend, I think it may go some way to fixing the dredded flatspot that is hampering us non FI bird riders.

I'm not ready to give it away just yet, as I have not been able to ride under full throttle,(due to wind & rain) and I may be wrong. So I'll keep you posted :)

Ross

------------------
He who dies with the most toys "wins"

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yep, the changes have made the flat spot, less of a problem. :) :) :)

What I did was, add a small washer to the base of the needles, to lift them a little, this had the impact of making the mixture a little richer.

Not sure on fuel consumption, it will take a week or so to find out. :)

Thus far I'm pretty happy with the result.

Ross

------------------

·
Registered
66 Posts
screw the fuel, it runs good thats what matters, it isn't a car, bad milage on a bike is still better then any car or truck,are you running the stock aircleaner,filment?

------------------

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Dave, I'm running the standard air filter, I was considering the K&N, but it was $207.00 nzd vs $120.00 for the Honda one.

At the same time, I changed to semi synth and balanced the carbie's as well, so I can't give all of the improvment to just lifting the needles, but I'm sure (seat of the pants) I've got more mid range.

Ross :)

------------------

·
Registered
66 Posts
hi ross, i use the same oil to i think its preaty good, i got look up the cost of a k&n i thought it was about 100$,200 is alot.

------------------

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ross, keep 2 things in mind regarding the air filter;..
#1,..the K&N will last forever, due to they can be cleaned and reoiled.
#2,..if you put the K&N in, your bike will run a tad leaner, due to more air flow.

------------------
texas tornado #2

jim

·
Registered
66 Posts
ross i work at a bike dealership and i checked the shelve, we have a k&n for a 97 to 98 cbr1100, its 85.99, man there preaty high priced by you

------------------

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, it was twice the price. but if you've looked at the exchange rate for the NZ dollar at the moment, it sucks... :(

We got a Labour gvt in at the moment and they have been instrumental at stuffing our dollar thus, high import prices. ( BTW the prices I quoted were in NZ dollars).

Ross :)

------------------

1 - 8 of 8 Posts