Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this is the "official" may 3rd and 4th grattan trackday thread.

post up if your going, what days you'll be attending, if you'll be spectating or playing on the track, and what hotel your stayin in, ect.

i only signed up for saturday, but i wish i could do both days. and ill end up booking a room at the candlestone inn today, so ill have room for 1 more to split the cost of the room. i also signed up for the novice group. ill move up to intermediate after the lunch break as long as they allow me to.

woo hoo, only a few more weeks to go people. dayum, i cant wait to hit the track and test out the "new" bike and the new tarmac :D

also, ill be getting off of work around 4pm (or a tad earlier) that friday to start heading out to belding. anyone wanna follow me out there or vice versa.

mods, can you sticky this? thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just signed up for May 3rd. I'll split that room with you if you like DemonRR. I'll probably be heading up there later that night after traffic dies down. I don't want to get there too early because there's not a damn thing to do near the Candlestone at night.

For anyone interested in eventually doing track days, this might be a good opportunity to hang out with some Redline members and see what it's all about, so feel free to come out. I think there's a $5 gate fee that includes lunch, but other than that, you can watch all day if you like for free.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I'm going to sign up today as well. I will also be booking at the Candlestone. I will have room in the trailer for one more bike if anyone else is going.

Just let me know.

Jon

·
Registered
732 Posts
Times

What time do things get started at the track?

What time will you 3 get out there to prep?

Regards,
Steve

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
I'm going to sign up today as well. I will also be booking at the Candlestone. I will have room in the trailer for one more bike if anyone else is going.

Just let me know.

Jon
What's the charge to come down to Dayton and pick up me and the bike lol? I've heard Grattan is a nice track. When I get a trailer, I'll have to make my way up there. Probably won't be till next year though.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I am booked for Saturday. If I am having way too much fun I can always book Sunday the day of. I will also be staying at the Candlestone, if anyone else need to split a room.

Let me know.

Jon

·
Registered
798 Posts
What time do things get started at the track?

What time will you 3 get out there to prep?

Regards,
Steve
just a note for the track newbies looking through this thread...

Its always better to show up to the track with the bike prepped and ready for tech inspection when your roll it off the trailer/truck bed etc(unless you plan on riding the same bike to the track). Its one less thing to worry about when you get to the track in the morning.

If you are unsure whether your bike is ready for tech before you head out contact one of the many track day junkies here and we can lend a hand or look the bike over for you.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nelson, sounds good.

snakesht, check out craigslist.org, go to the metro detroit section. ive found 2 4x8 trailers, both for under 200.00. add about another 50.00 and you have a trackday hauler. :D

and x2 on already having the bike preped before rolling it off the trailer. all lights/lenses HAVE to be taped over and or fuses pulled, no glycol coolant (this means you nelson :) ) new rule for 08 w/STT, mirrors removed, plate removed and or plate screws taped over, intermediate/adv MUST safety wire drain plug/filler cap/and filter, 1pc or 2pc textile or leather riding suit, race boots covering the ankles, gauntlet gloves, lid.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nelson/Jon, you guys runnin intermediate or novice? jane/chris, you guys are runnin intermediate right?

qwikk, you heading up for this fun ass trackday?

and i usually get there bright and early to set up our pit area, finish up porepping the bike, then heading off to tech inspection.

·
Registered
132 Posts
and x2 on already having the bike preped before rolling it off the trailer. all lights/lenses HAVE to be taped over and or fuses pulled, no glycol coolant (this means you nelson :) ) new rule for 08 w/STT, mirrors removed, plate removed and or plate screws taped over, intermediate/adv MUST safety wire drain plug/filler cap/and filter, 1pc or 2pc textile or leather riding suit, race boots covering the ankles, gauntlet gloves, lid.
"6) Advanced and Intermediate group riders MUST use water or water wetter or a non-ethyl glycol based anti-freeze/coolant. Approved Poly Glycol brands are: Evans, 7th Gear, Liquid Performance, and Engine Ice[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]. NO AUTOMOTIVE ETHYL GLYCOL BASED COOLANTS ARE ALLOWED."

Dave - I'm running novice, so I'm immune to such "silly" rules! I've got the rest covered. I would assume Jane and Chris would be Advanced.
[/FONT]

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
"6) Advanced and Intermediate group riders MUST use water or water wetter or a non-ethyl glycol based anti-freeze/coolant. Approved Poly Glycol brands are: Evans, 7th Gear, Liquid Performance, and Engine Ice[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]. NO AUTOMOTIVE ETHYL GLYCOL BASED COOLANTS ARE ALLOWED."

Dave - I'm running novice, so I'm immune to such "silly" rules! I've got the rest covered. I would assume Jane and Chris would be Advanced.
[/FONT]

I am running Intermediate. Scott is filling the bike with the 7th Gear coolant as we speak, and all sofety wiring is complete. Tires were mounted today, and I am ready to go. Can't wait.

The silly rule above won't seem so silly when everyones trackday is ruined because we have to endure a 2 hour clean-up. LOL!

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I am running Intermediate. Scott is filling the bike with the 7th Gear coolant as we speak, and all sofety wiring is complete. Tires were mounted today, and I am ready to go. Can't wait.

The silly rule above won't seem so silly when everyones trackday is ruined because we have to endure a 2 hour clean-up. LOL!
If someone crashes with conventional coolant, the trackday is over, and we spend the rest of the day beating said crashers a**. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If someone crashes with conventional coolant, the trackday is over, and we spend the rest of the day beating said crashers a**. :cheers:

x10 :D

nelson, i should have extra water weter if you wanna come over and swap it out. its simple and easy. you just have to bring me 5 gallons of distilled water to do the flush.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
x10 :D

nelson, i should have extra water weter if you wanna come over and swap it out. its simple and easy. you just have to bring me 5 gallons of distilled water to do the flush.
I have a bottle of wetter I am not using too :thumbs2:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
really now. i might grab that off ya.

oh, and my bike ran about 8-10* cooler than my ex's when on rides (we basically had the same bike). while riding, stop lights, and stuck in traffic mine ran cooler. just make sure you swap it out for winter time. it has no antifreeze properties.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'll get around to swapping it out eventually. Unfortunately I have to take off the fairing, lights, mirrors, etc to easy be able to do that easily. I did it before without taking any of that off and it was a big pain in the ass. How about this, I promise not to crash and mess up the track. There, fixed that problem. ;)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts