Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the gixxer.com site...theres some guys over there praising neon lights on their bike..talking about how the best way to hook em up..i thought it was a joke, i gave em hell..said angel hair in the fenders and 10 speed bike wheels and tires would look good too.. or a propeller on their helmet...man can anyone belive this??

this was on a gixxer site...bumb asses....:finger:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Next it'll be a furred banana seat and an orange flag flying behind it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
neons do look pretty trick, and alot of people here in the pittsburgh area do have them on their bikes.....it makes you stand out and at times can be a little squidish, but you gotta seperate your self from the rest sometimes ya know:p :eek:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually neons look pretty stupid...

i cant think of a more stupid thing to put on a bike..oh well i guess this is some of the stuff that makes the world go round..

anyone know where i can get a propeller fer my helmet??

·
Registered
18 Posts
QuickCoCo1 said:
neons do look pretty trick, and alot of people here in the pittsburgh area do have them on their bikes.....it makes you stand out and at times can be a little squidish, but you gotta seperate your self from the rest sometimes ya know:p :eek:
i imagine those are the folks who sit their bikes out in front of mario's in the southside, let the pretty girls sit on'm and play 'smack the rev limiter' in neutral. good thing they saved their neons from the last vehicle fad...minitrucks, or was it civics with spoilers?..oh i just can't keep up.

i might need to pick up some neons to finish the look of the old sabre when 'Tron' comes back into style.
http://www.tron-movie.com/images/index.htm

mike

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
sly10man said:
I ask myself, would I rather have neons or a harley or the clap and I just cant decide
The clap is easier to get rid of before any family or friends find out so I guess I'd have to go with 'the clap'.

More fun picking it up too!!;)

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
sly10man said:
I ask myself, would I rather have neons or a harley or the clap and I just cant decide
I hear ya'. With the clap, it's just a big shot in the hip. For the other two, there's titles and wiring involved. Just some additional info. so you can make an informed decision.

Edit: Come to think of it, I know a guy who got the clap and there was wiring involved in that, too. This is just getting more confusing.:confused: Good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
robert

A lot of females are decorating their bikes like Christmas tree's. So what!

I have a monkey on a spring on the back of my bike!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'd throw the money spent on making my bike a "ghetto-bike", on some performance stuff. I don't know what the neon costs, but any amount would be too much considering I'd yank it off after all the guys I ride with would make fun of me.

If you wanna stand out, learn how to RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!...and ride well. I would rather have a guy say "man, that guy can ride the piss out of that bike", than "man, neat neon".

I'd much rather be able to ride like Duhamel, Bostrom, Edwards, Nicky etc (although I doubt it will ever happen :finger: ) than have an equivelant of a '90's mini-truck

·
Registered
591 Posts
EZ on ' em spongebob!

QuickCoCo1 said:
neons do look pretty trick...you gotta seperate your self from the rest sometimes ya know
I think that's what spongebob did...he left the site!
C'mon spongebob, give the guys a break. I mean, neons may not be functional, but at least they add weight! What more could you ask for? (well, they do drain yur wallet, and could muddle up your electrical system)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Neons rock! You know what else is cool? Shoot the entire bike with a spray on adhesive and just go to town with a pillow bag full of glitter. Ive got carbon fiber pinwheels where my rear view mirrors used to be. My latest edition is a 500W buglight that hangs from a chain on top of my 6' chrome sissy bar. You fools better step back, I got respect on the street. Oh yeah, and a big red type R tattoo on my ass.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Go back to the late 40s to early 50s & some riders would put on Gustapo like caps, large leather belts all chrome studded & names like SPEED or ACE on the back.
Most bikes (Brit as well) had crash bars, Flanders handlebars & sometimes risers to give that ape look, some had a chromed car antenna at the back with a faked fox tail though said antenna was just for looks & not hooked up to anything. Some even dumped the solo saddles for terrible thin/hard old "buddy seats" seats used on HD, oh yes often extra lights up front though only one would work & so many would be 'rear brake end artists' so times have changed a bit, but on tends to wonder.
Still the majority did not follow this freaky trend, but to ride a m/c without a multy zippered black leather jacket & no Gustapo cap was sort of frowned on upon the average. Yes that would be me with a tweed cap & a waxed cotten Barbour & Son's Enduro jacket.

·
Registered
186 Posts
nick_nolastname said:
Shoot the entire bike with a spray on adhesive and just go to town with a pillow bag full of glitter.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I just LOVE glitter!!!! ;-)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
spongebob said:
the gixxer.com site...theres some guys over there praising neon lights on their bike..talking about how the best way to hook em up..i thought it was a joke, i gave em hell..said angel hair in the fenders and 10 speed bike wheels and tires would look good too.. or a propeller on their helmet...man can anyone belive this??

this was on a gixxer site...bumb asses....:finger:
Oh, spongebob! If you think us K&N guys are tough, you're not gonna believe these neon guys :D :D :D

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i know, these goof balls are telling me..

there bikes are "tight" with neons....can you imagine...neons!!!:hurl:

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'm thinking a jack-n-the-box antenna ball would be just the right touch:p surrounded by neon with feathers & glitter:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts