Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm sitting in the left hand lane at a light, all the way to the left by the paint. I had the bike in first, and I was watching my mirrors as usual, and I see some asshole start creeping up on me. I didn't know that the light just turned green because I was engrossed in watching this man in his truck flying up on me. Next thing I know, he punches the gas and flies rght by me in the SAME lane that I'm in! No exaggeration, this guy was no more than a foot from my side. So I flew up to the next light and came up beside him and started cussing at him and was pointing at my eyes screaming at him. My visor was down, so he probably didn't hear me, but I had an urge to put the kickstand down, walk over to his truck and start cussing at him some more. I think I scared him because I took off when he passed me and when I was yelling at him, he didn't even look at me.

I swear...people are complete morons. Either he didn't see me, or he thought. Hey, I am in a big truck and this guy is on his bike so he MUST want to race so I'll just fly by him. People are f*ckin' stupid. I had to stop at a gas station and calm myself down after this one.

·
Registered
370 Posts
That the reason I carry an additude adjuster with me when I ride... They get home and wonder how BOTH there tail lights got broken:D :D :D
But then again... I'm an evil A$$HOLE

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Gottico said:
That the reason I carry an additude adjuster with me when I ride... They get home and wonder how BOTH there tail lights got broken:D :D :D
But then again... I'm an evil A$$HOLE
Naw, I just use my hands and feet for situations like that. That is when fully geared up.

·
Registered
370 Posts
But it's more fun (for me at least) to leave em' guessing...

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Obviously I am getting older. Now something like that would have really shaken me & these days I would simply have taken it as part of life.

Still on Friday, at the gym, I had my peer of two yrs & rides a BMW 1000 talking to me on something like this of where a chap in his 60s & knowen to both of us was forced over to the the side of a city road on his brand new cruiser, to actually hit the curb, stop & off he went. So I just shook my head as that being part of life.

He pointed out I was getting old for in the past that is usually when I would boot in the soft panel of the door of cages & did it quite often. Man I had a temper, but as I pointed out NOW I am older.

Picked up this trick from a peer of mine in '49 when he did it to a car & from then on I realized how soft side panels of cages were & so carried on the tradition for many yrs. LOL

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Smitty said:
Obviously I am getting older.
What do you mean "am getting" older? Ha ha just messin' with ya.

I like your idea of kicking the door panels. I couldn't believe how well I handled myself(besides the screaming and cussing). Maybe I didn't do something stupid because I was in complete shock that the driver did something stupid like that.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yeah That would have made me furious, and Smitty's idea is a good one. However heres a reality check for you. A couple of years ago I was riding on A1A in Boca Fl. on my way home to Delray. Out of knowhere this guy in a little old izuzu flies by me on the right and pushes me almost into oncoming traffic, and then gives me the finger. I wasnt going to fast, or slow, i dont know what his problem was. I get furious and give him the finger back. He then locks up his brakes and slides his truck sideways in front of me(causing an immidiate traffic situation) jumps out of his truck and charges at me( im am now at a stop about 15 feet behind his sideways truck) I immidiately drop the cluch and go straight at him as I didnt have time to even think of getting off my bike and defending myself. I hit him straight on and he dropped, how I didnt fall of the bike Ill never know, but it was one of those situation I cant believe I made it through, I ended up crossing the other lane and going up onto the sidewalk on the opposite side of the road, and am lucky I didnt get hit by a car. I then go to my friends house, as it was closer than mine and I was shaken up. I take my backpack off and their is a 6 inch slice in the side of the bag. It had to be a knife, although it all happend so quick I didnt even see it. This is 100% true story. the bottom line is people are crazy but before you react to their insanity you better be ready to face the consiquences.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jab said:
Yeah That would have made me furious, and Smitty's idea is a good one. However heres a reality check for you. A couple of years ago I was riding on A1A in Boca Fl. on my way home to Delray. Out of knowhere this guy in a little old izuzu flies by me on the right and pushes me almost into oncoming traffic, and then gives me the finger. I wasnt going to fast, or slow, i dont know what his problem was. I get furious and give him the finger back. He then locks up his brakes and slides his truck sideways in front of me(causing an immidiate traffic situation) jumps out of his truck and charges at me( im am now at a stop about 15 feet behind his sideways truck) I immidiately drop the cluch and go straight at him as I didnt have time to even think of getting off my bike and defending myself. I hit him straight on and he dropped, how I didnt fall of the bike Ill never know, but it was one of those situation I cant believe I made it through, I ended up crossing the other lane and going up onto the sidewalk on the opposite side of the road, and am lucky I didnt get hit by a car. I then go to my friends house, as it was closer than mine and I was shaken up. I take my backpack off and their is a 6 inch slice in the side of the bag. It had to be a knife, although it all happend so quick I didnt even see it. This is 100% true story. the bottom line is people are crazy but before you react to their insanity you better be ready to face the consiquences.
:eek: :eek: :eek: OMFG! If that is a true story like you said, I would have wondered what the hell the guy's problem was also. You ddn't see a knife at all? If he was holding it with the blade pointing down, you probably didn't want to f*ck with him anyways, but that's funny as hell that you charged him!!! LMFAO!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
jab said:
I love the fact that you charged. That is the funniest thing I have heard of in a while. Glad you weren't hurt. :D :D

·
Registered
427 Posts
No sh!t bro, the ones I have have the carbon fiber knuckle guards on them, and I got into a fist fight when I had them on, well to say the least the guy didn't walk away, I dislocated his knee with a low leg kick, and then I came down with a right hand to his check bone, 8 stiches. But the good news is that his face didn't even do anything to my gloves, I just had to wipe the blood off. Nothing better then a muay thai leg kick and then hit somebody with those things for a instent KO.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ninja250F18 said:
No sh!t bro, the ones I have have the carbon fiber knuckle guards on them, and I got into a fist fight when I had them on, well to say the least the guy didn't walk away, I dislocated his knee with a low leg kick, and then I came down with a right hand to his check bone, 8 stiches. But the good news is that his face didn't even do anything to my gloves, I just had to wipe the blood off. Nothing better then a muay thai leg kick and then hit somebody with those things for a instent KO.
Damn...that post was so nostalgic for me. The last time I was in a good ol' fist fight was bootcamp. We were real stressed out and under a lot of pressure(more than normal this day) and some kid called me an asshole for a reason that I've yet to figure out(least I don't think I'm an asshole anyways.). So anyways, right after he did I turned around and punched him in the face as hard as I could and shattered his nose. Luckily the drill instructor didn't like him and neither did everyone else. The guide and squad leaders were talking to the d.i. about punishing me and the d.i. told them that if they tried to mess with me, that he'd make their lives a living hell. Which was pretty cool, because I could have had assault charges, amongst many other things.

As for the leg kicks....I hate being on the receiving end of those because the psyatic(spelling?) nerve is VERY sensitive. I remember coming home after shootfighting every week and the next day my entire legs looked like a big bruise.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Slip-On Rapist said:
Damn...that post was so nostalgic for me. The last time I was in a good ol' fist fight was bootcamp. We were real stressed out and under a lot of pressure(more than normal this day) and some kid called me an asshole for a reason that I've yet to figure out(least I don't think I'm an asshole anyways.). So anyways, right after he did I turned around and punched him in the face as hard as I could and shattered his nose. Luckily the drill instructor didn't like him and neither did everyone else. The guide and squad leaders were talking to the d.i. about punishing me and the d.i. told them that if they tried to mess with me, that he'd make their lives a living hell. Which was pretty cool, because I could have had assault charges, amongst many other things.

As for the leg kicks....I hate being on the receiving end of those because the psyatic(spelling?) nerve is VERY sensitive. I remember coming home after shootfighting every week and the next day my entire legs looked like a big bruise.
Ahh, how well I remember boot camp at Ft. Benning back in 1983. The good ole days. Yeah when fully geared, crash protection is not the only thing it is useful against.:D

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Oh boy oh boy oh boy I can't wait to start riding, not only do you get the thrill of the ride but you get to do some good ol car smashing.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Ninja250F18 said:

One of the best motorcycle-related fights I ever saw was between a fully-geared sportbike rider and a stereotypically under-dressed Harley rider. I was sitting across the intersection as the bikes pulled up to the red light. Apparently, something had happened up the road as these two were jawing back and forth, throwing middle fingers at eachother. As they both dropped their kickstands the guy on the Harley (who was to the right of the guy on the sportbike) jumped off his bike and charged the sportbiker, approaching him on his right side. The guy on the sportbike stood up (he was pretty tall) and with his right leg performed a perfect sidekick to the jaw/face of the charging Harley rider, which not only knocked him out, but threw him backwards over his hog and knocked it over. The guy on the sportbike sat back down (having never really gotten off of his bike), clicked it into first, and rode off shaking his head (the helmet was bouncing up and down, I think he was laughing his ass off). I couldn't imagine getting kicked in the face with a GP-spec motorcycle boot!!! :eek: I've seen a lot of knockouts, but that was one of the most interesting!

·
Registered
518 Posts
slaintedan said:
The guy on the sportbike stood up (he was pretty tall) and with his right leg performed a perfect sidekick to the jaw/face of the charging Harley rider, which not only knocked him out, but threw him backwards over his hog and knocked it over. The guy on the sportbike sat back down (having never really gotten off of his bike), clicked it into first, and rode off shaking his head (the helmet was bouncing up and down, I think he was laughing his ass off).
By "the guy on the sportbike" do you really mean "I"?:twofinger

note to self: don't piss off Dan toooo much!:D

Hey Dan, got a new bike yet?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
RSVRick said:
By "the guy on the sportbike" do you really mean "I"?:twofinger

note to self: don't piss off Dan toooo much!:D

Hey Dan, got a new bike yet?
Rick,
Funny you should say that 'cause when I told the story to some friends they all thought the "guy on the sportbike" was really me 'cause I've got a well-known sidekick...it's won me several tournaments (and Tippmann may get to see it in January). However, much to the surprise of my friends it actually was NOT me, but another guy w/ an awesome sidekick, really, it wasn't me, I swear. :D

Rick, you've gotta help me out 'cause I can't decide between the CBR 600RR, the Ducati Monster Dark, or a Supermoto. I love the 600RR and I get a chubby everytime I see one, but the Ducati makes more sense than a sportbike for city riding. However, a Supermoto would be perfect for city riding and it'll be much cheaper. The Ducati is cool as hell though and it's got tons of torque for my girlfriend and I to cruise NYC comfortably, but the 600RR would be great for when I need to get away from everything, quickly. But the Supermoto would be sooo much fun and great in traffic and around town! Ugh, decisions, decisions, decisions. :rolleyes: :dunno:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
AS one becomes a bit more in age they begin to realize that competiting against a cage is sort of a lost cause for the cage is larger, has four wheels to keep it upright & one never knows how many are in it or what they might come out with.

The poor m/cist is sort of naked compared to the cage & its driver & who else is in it.

Fact it giving rude hand signals to cages is also a loss. Still if you are young then this will not make sense only some 10 or 15 yrs down the road to your present riding it will be like turning on the light.

Tough talk is great to young people & sounds good still in time one realizes they were wrong, foolish or chancing it back then.

Alllow me to quote my post "--He pointed out I was getting old for in the past that is usually when I would boot in the soft panel of the door of cages & did it quite often. Man I had a temper, but as I pointed out NOW I am older."

·
Registered
518 Posts
slaintedan said:

Rick, you've gotta help me out 'cause I can't decide between the CBR 600RR, the Ducati Monster Dark, or a Supermoto. I love the 600RR and I get a chubby everytime I see one, but the Ducati makes more sense than a sportbike for city riding. However, a Supermoto would be perfect for city riding and it'll be much cheaper. The Ducati is cool as hell though and it's got tons of torque for my girlfriend and I to cruise NYC comfortably, but the 600RR would be great for when I need to get away from everything, quickly. But the Supermoto would be sooo much fun and great in traffic and around town! Ugh, decisions, decisions, decisions. :rolleyes: :dunno:
You got garage space? I'd be afraid to leave the duck or 600RR on the street in the city. I'm not usually a big fan of a supermoto, but it would be great in the city, and less likely to get messed with. I think I'd go with the monster myself if I were in NYC.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts