Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I jus recently bought a 94 katana for my first bike and the seat and rims are purple, i haven't been able to find replacement seats other then purple, but have heard rumors of dying the seat. does anyone know how i would go about doing that or have a black seat to fit it?

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Take the seat to an upholsterer and have get a quote for having a new cover put on. Just about anyone doing boat seats and that kind of thing should be able to help you out with that.

And good first-bike choice!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks got it for 700 bucks without 2nd gear. haha! all the more reason to hit 40 in first haha!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Look for parts from other years too. I had a '92 Katana that had a black seat. I would guess that all those early years were interchangeable, up until the redesign.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Look for parts from other years too. I had a '92 Katana that had a black seat. I would guess that all those early years were interchangeable, up until the redesign.
That is a really good idea! They made that model of Katana from 1988-1997, so there should be plenty of used black seats out there. Check online motorcycle salvage yards and e-bay.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That is a really good idea! They made that model of Katana from 1988-1997, so there should be plenty of used black seats out there. Check online motorcycle salvage yards and e-bay.
Hey, just want to first say thnaks for makin this thread, I'm in the market and looking at a 91 Katana, I love everything about it but the red seat.

I really wish they would have just stuck with black. but yea I've been trying to find a local upholsterer to get a quote, it's tough when you live in a small town haha.

But yea, you and I are having the same dilema my friend haha.

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts